PDA

View Full Version : Character meals for adults.

Crow
01-03-2013, 01:48 PM
the only character meals ive been at were GG which i liked and AKershus.
i thought she might like CRT in the castle, but ive heard for the price the food etc isnt really worth it unless you have kids.
so it might be between GG and AKershus. i liked the food at booth, although i liked Akershus better when it was both the hot and cold buffet.
i do have TIW.

TinkerbellT421
01-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Honestly, I always need at least one character meal per trip :) I'm a big kid. I would recommend 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace. Definitely worth it, IMO.

PinKy
01-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Our whole family enjoys Chef Mickey's. Crystal Palace is also fun - has Pooh characters. I would just pick a character meal with your favorite characters. :-)

SBETigg
01-03-2013, 03:34 PM
I don't really do character meals very often. I was thinking 1900 Park Fare might be fun with the Stepsisters. I haven't been and I'm not sure of the food, though. It's a buffet, which I'm usually not into. But it would give you a new one to try. My other reason for doing a character meal would be to get into a park early, so breakfast at one of the park located ones. Otherwise, I find them fun but prefer to stick with better food and service elsewhere, without characters.

If it's between Garden Grill and Akershus, though, it would maybe depend if your gf is more into the princess scene or would think it's neat to rotate over the Land.

Crow
01-03-2013, 03:47 PM
we both ate at GG on a previous trip. Im leaning towards Akershus this time in a way if i go w Epcot character lunch.
havent heard much about 1900 or Chef Mickeys lately. maybe Mickeys cause of the location..

DisneyGlutton
01-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I too am an adult who goes to WDW sans kids and I really enjoyed Akershus. As you say, you get the cold buffet as well as your hot entree. I just glanced at the menu, and I think they made it a bit less authentic.

BigThunderFan
01-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Crystal Palace is one we always seem to see adults w/out kids at. Especially at 8am on a 9am park opening day.

I am partial to Chef Mickey's and we loved Akershus as well.

emerzmom
01-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Ohana has characters for breakfast. I have done this one without kids and I enjoyed it.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
I was extremely underwhelmed by the food buffet at Chef Mickey's. My expectation is generally lower when eating at a buffet style establishment, but this didn't come close to even minimal expectations.

Conversely, on our recent trip I was very pleased with the buffet at 1900 Park Fare. I also enjoyed (we have kids) the characters from Cinderella, especially the two step sisters, and it isn't quite as frantic as say Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's when sometimes the characters can come to you one right after the other. I found 1900 more controlled and relaxed and on top of that, much better food.

Zippy 1
01-03-2013, 05:03 PM
We love O'hanas, Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Faire.

snowflakegirl
01-03-2013, 06:10 PM
My husband and I (sans kids) enjoyed the character interactions at Chef Mickey's and both the food and character interaction at Donald's Breakfast Safari.

Janmac
01-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Our favorite Akershus meal is breakfast but, it is mobbed by princess lovers. Not much of an adult character breakfast. I do love Norwegian food - princesses, big and small, not so much.

1900 Park Fare for supper has Lady Tremaine and her awkward daughters - more fun than a gaggle of princesses. For the princess lovers, there is a gracious Cinderella. This to me is the adult character meal.

The food is suggestive of European choices, with some Italian style dishes, some French chicken, etc. There are plenty of places on the 'net with the menu offerings. The food is ok, edible. We mostly go for the show (Tremaines). The best food is the mini-desserts.

We've had all sorts of family and friends that have thought CRT was a must do only to discover they would rather repeat either 1900 Park Fare or Akershus before repeating CRT.

We ate at Crystal Palace one trip - had one of the latest breakfast times available. Very nice laid back quiet leisurely breakfast - still had the characters but nowhere near as frenetic as at one of the earlier times.

Jan

Crow
01-04-2013, 06:27 PM
mayb ill consider 1900..i dont go to GF much, not to my liking as much. the characters do seem diff. that or AKershus then mayb..