PDA

View Full Version : A Very Disney Honeymoon Day 7

Dulcee
01-03-2013, 09:38 AM
December 16 Sunday

Despite a late night we had to be up early today for our reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table. Unfortunately DH woke up feeling miserable, the cold he'd been fighting off all week was back with vengeance. I have to give him props though, he rallied and we headed out on time.

Originally I made this reservation for 8:05 on a day the park opened at 9. Then they changed the opening time to 8, which made getting into the park far more complicated then planned. We literally made it in with a few seconds to spare, grabbed a photopass person for a shot of the castle without crowds and then boom, there were all the people.

We were seated pretty shortly after arriving. The food here was much better then Norway's. DH had the stuffed french toast, I had the steak and eggs. Both were very good. At our table was a honeymoon celebration card and we each got a sword and a wand. It was very sweet. When our waiter realized DH wasn't feeling well he found him a travel mug and brought out extra green tea for him before we left. It was a really nice gesture and one DH greatly appreciated.

After breakfast DH was feeling a bit better and we decided to do a few rides before heading back for him to rest. Pirates, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan and a few others I'm forgetting. By 11:00 DH was done so we headed back to Port Orleans.

Fortunately it was a beautiful day. We got DH Dayquil in the gift shop, he passed out by the pool and I read in the sun for a few hours. After some extra sleep we were both feeling much better. Took some showers, got dressed and grabbed a bus to Hollywood Studios.

Once we arrived we got fastpasses for Rockin Roller coaster and then grabbed some fries to snack on for a late lunch. Rode the ToT twice and did some shopping. The park was crowded. We definitely weren't liking how packed things were becoming. By 5:30 we headed in line for Fantasmic. We actually got decent seats and the show was great as always.

After it was time for our dinner reservation at the Brown Derby. While waiting for our table we must have watched 10 different groups walk in looking for a seat. The restaurant was booked full for the night and I can't imagine how frustrating it must be coming and not realizing how hard it is to get a table.

We were seated in a nice spot. DH got the cobb salad for an appetizer, I got the crusted prawn. The prawn was good, DH wans't thrilled with his salad which was really over dressed. Dinner DH got the pork chop and I had the duck. DH enjoyed his, mine was pretty dry and uninspiring. Dessert DH had a cobbler and I had some chocolate thing again lol. Our waiter also brought our complimentary champagne which was nice. Over all this meal was just ok and I don't think we'd do it again. It didn't even come close to the other signature restaurants. In fact we far enjoyed Mama Melrose on our last trip better.

After dinner we were doing the Osborne Lights. Wow, this was just amazing. We were both pretty tired by this point and almost skipped it. I'm so glad we didn't. It was honestly the best holiday part of our entire trip. For anyone who hasn't seen this yet you must. It was so so cool. The falling snow, the coordinated lights to music. Absolutely stunning.

We headed for the busses home and had a fairly chatty driver. He also listed off all the new marvel movies to come out in the coming year or so which DH was very excited to hear about. Despite the sick start it turned out to be a nice day.

faline
01-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Glad you were able to enjoy the day despite your husband's illness!!

emerzmom
01-03-2013, 11:17 AM
I love the Osborne Family Lights. They are amazing! What a great trip for your honeymoon.
:tink:
Julie

January-2007
01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks for reporting.

vizsla
01-19-2013, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
01-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
01-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Ugh..I hate when you start feeling better and then bam out of nowhere it comes back..glad you guys still had a good time though :mickey: