PDA

View Full Version : November 2013 and Christmas decorations

fanofdisney
01-02-2013, 05:14 PM
We are looking at possibly going November 9-16. Will we see most of the parks decorated for Christmas? I know the Holidays around the World isn't going on yet but have seen MVMCP usually starts around then. What can we expect at that time?

Strmchsr
01-02-2013, 06:26 PM
MK will be pretty much completely decorated. The other parks will be mostly decorated, but still in process. The resorts will be slowly decorated during that time. Parks are first priority but you'll see a little more at the resorts day by day. However, in all honesty, WDW has scaled way back on Christmas decorations in the last 3-4 years. MK is still pretty festive, but there's not nearly as much in the other parks as there used to be beyond the big trees and Osborne Lights.

Twinsowner
01-02-2013, 09:46 PM
He s correct! They have drastically cut down on the decorations. I have been that week in november several times and each year gets more crowded with less decorations. I personally think the week after thanksgiving is better. Will see more decorations and can do the candlelight processional too! Have fun!

vamaggie
05-26-2013, 04:19 PM
What is the HOlidays around the World? I also saw this on the events page and would love to know more. We are going Thanksgiving weekend and would love to get into the holiday spirit!

Strmchsr
05-26-2013, 05:00 PM
What is the HOlidays around the World? I also saw this on the events page and would love to know more. We are going Thanksgiving weekend and would love to get into the holiday spirit!

Holidays around the World is a collection of storytellers at the various Epcot World Showcase pavilions that tell guests about the way the holiday season is celebrated in that country. Usually that starts after Thanksgiving, but it might be going that weekend after. It's varied from year to year when it starts, but it's sometime around that weekend.