PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga springs resort

spinnerf
01-01-2013, 09:39 PM
When I was purchasing my resale points for SSR someone here told me I would regret it. I have to say SSR is one of the most beautifully landscaped resorts and its many pools and club house were terrific. I just completed my first points stay here and have stayed at every other DVC resort on property via cash and can truly say SSR is one of the best. The restaurants and pool bars were great. The ability to walk to DTD added many options to our trip. The resort is large but we were easily able to walk everywhere. IMO you need a car to get to the parks but I didn't try the busses. I do not regret nor should anyone booking a trip here regret a stay at SSR.

peemagg
01-01-2013, 09:53 PM
I agree with you. We have always enjoyed our stays here.

Butters
01-02-2013, 10:03 AM
We returned from our first stay there a. Lille weeks ago. It was a nice resort my only complaint was the busses. We were in the springs so we were the last stop, most mornings we had standing room only and with an infant and toddler it was nerve racking hoping someone would give up a seat so my wife wouldn't be standing up on a bus with a 2 month old.

faline
01-02-2013, 10:49 AM
We recently stayed at this resort and, given the number of negative things I had heard/read about this resort, I can say we were pleasantly surprised. We really liked the grounds and the proximity to Downtown Disney. We would certainly stay at this location again.

TinkerbellT421
01-02-2013, 11:34 AM
DBF and I own there, have never physically stayed there. But we always make our 11 month reservation here and then change at the 7 month mark to our beloved Boardwalk. However, we spent several hours exploring SSR shortly after we purchased and we enjoyed it very much. We pool hopped here spent several hours in the pool and hot tub and we stated then that if given no other options we wouldn't mind staying there. I like the feel of the resort. I do see a lot of complaints about it, which I personally don't understand, again because we haven't physically stayed there. But I think it has a lot to do with personal taste and expectations. Just like a lot of people do not like Boardwalk Villas but in my eyes I have a hard time NOT loving it. So glad you chose to give it a try and went on your own opinions about it :thumbsup: Seeing these compliments may give us a different outlook to possibly staying here on one of our upcoming trips just to give it a shot.

MyDisneyworld
01-11-2013, 07:46 AM
This is our home resort and really like it also. The buses can be crowded though at peak times but it's not bad. I always make sure to give up my seat for elderly or moms with kids. As for the resort my kids love the main pool.

roses
01-11-2013, 11:06 AM
This resort always looked beautiful, but I'll probably never stay here unless I have to. (Well - one time, since I would love to stay in all the resorts at least once!) The only reason I won't choose to stay here is because.... I LIVE in the actual Saratoga Springs - I see it every day! :funny:

DVC2004
01-11-2013, 11:47 AM
This is our home resort too. We stay all over, but we have always enjoyed our stay here when we have stayed. I don't know why it doesn't get the love from people.

tjstrike
01-20-2013, 05:14 AM
We've stayed there 4 times so far and my only complaint is the busses. I think it would be much better if the bus route was split in half.

jonahbear2006
01-20-2013, 01:53 PM
We used the buses to get to the parks and SSR was the only bus stop ive ever been to which had a cast member asking where we were going and told us our bus was only 5 min out or 8 min out. It calmed the anxiety of wonder. I loved SSR. They have the best slide of all the resorts, imo, my booty comes off the slide completely...somewhere near the end. The staff was great and their food at the artist's palette is very good. We go there to eat even when we aren't staying there. The rooms are very roomy and the exterior is beautiful. I took my daughter's 8 yr old photographic portfolio there and they turned out marvelous! She was very happy with them. I see nothing wrong with this resort unless you have trouble walking and in that case the staff can accomodate you by placing you just about anywhere you ask to be.

JMTStone
01-21-2013, 09:41 AM
We have most of our points through SSR and I understood why some people were disappointed. When you compare that place to Beach Club it just doesn't make the same list for us (we're trying ALL THE RESORTS).

When we were there Thanksgiving Week 2007, the bus service was horrendous. But the pool is nice and we liked the counter service (Artist Palette).

But my MAIN problem came when inviting my in-laws to come up and visit us from West Palm. We were showing off our DVC Villa and it was great. They're older and we didn't go to the parks, we just toured the facility. They don't understand our love for Disney and didn't think DVC was a good investment. Then we took them to the Turf Club. Service was horrible and expensive.

Thank goodness we've since taken them to Vero (and are taking them back in July) so they can see the investment benefits. And while celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary in a 2 Bedroom Villa, they even had the Goofy Character breakfast. I think Goofy won my Mother in Law over.

DizNut42
01-23-2013, 09:36 AM
We've stayed at SSR several times and really enjoyed the resort. Never had an issue witht he buses, but then we generally go at off-peak times (last stay was early Dec. 2011). Love being able to walk to DTD.

ginger19
01-24-2013, 12:09 PM
We loved the resort but the bus service was SO bad this November that my DH has vowed that we will not ever stay there again.

Travis1717
01-24-2013, 09:19 PM
We stayed at SSR for the first time in November and really enjoyed it. We had no problems with the busses, and loved being in walking distance to Downtown Disney.

DizneyFreak2002
01-25-2013, 02:43 PM
We stayed at SSR for the first time in November and really enjoyed it. We had no problems with the busses, and loved being in walking distance to Downtown Disney.

What section did you stay in?

My first time staying at SSR, I requested Congress Park... Loved the view of DTD, and did the walk several times...

My preference though are the tree house villas... Quiet, away from any hustle and bustle... Very peaceful...

Travis1717
01-25-2013, 11:38 PM
What section did you stay in?

We stayed in the Paddock section, in the building across the road from the Congress Park bus stop.

I bet the Tree House Villas are a lot of fun!

DizneyFreak2002
01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
We stayed in the Paddock section, in the building across the road from the Congress Park bus stop.

I bet the Tree House Villas are a lot of fun!

Your opinion... how was Paddock? I made ressies for October of this year and requested Congress Park again... But if I cannot get Congress Park (I see no reason why I shouldn't), then I want a back up...

Travis1717
01-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Your opinion... how was Paddock? I made ressies for October of this year and requested Congress Park again... But if I cannot get Congress Park (I see no reason why I shouldn't), then I want a back up...

We actually requested Congress Park but ended up in the Paddock. We really liked the location. Our building was about the same distance to the Paddock pool as it was the Congress Park pool. And a similar walk to the main resort area. You don't have the Downtown Disney and lake views in the Paddock, but it's still a great location.

epceddie
01-28-2013, 03:58 PM
My wife and I are DVC owners at Old Key West, but we spent our honeymoon at Saratoga Springs and had a great time. Stayed in a Congress Park studio with a great view of Downtown Disney.
The quiet pool at Congress Park is one of our favorite places to pool hop.

stephicakes
03-29-2013, 06:21 AM
The hubby and I just booked a stay here for my birthday in late September and requested a studio in "The Springs" (renting DVC points). I am excited about trying out this resort and spending more time than usual in DTD. After reading the reviews I am curious how the bus situation will be (not in peak season) and will definitely report back on our experience. We also would like to eventually try out all the resorts so I am looking forward to our stay at SSR! :thumbsup:

steph :D