PDA

View Full Version : CM Interns – Pls Tell Me More About Them

MouseHouser
01-01-2013, 11:49 AM
What potion are interns? I've found in chatting with CMs that many are on 6 month internships - from all over the world, as the name tags show.

I've been told such things as that 60,000 candidates interviewed for 2,000 spots. Sound about right? How many rounds of interviews? And how long is the training period?

In addition to Disney's wonderful theming, for me much of the Disney magic is in Disney service, so I'm interested to know more.

sportsguy2315
01-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I was on the Disney College Program in Fall 2011 as Quick Service Food and Beverage in Epcot, but CP's do a variety of things from what I did in Food and Beverage where I did everything from greeting guests to bussing food to working the front desk to merchandise.

Disney is pretty mum on numbers but that number you say sounds right to other figures I've seen so I'll go with that. If you're interested in Disneyland, they take roughly 200 a semester.

You typically have 2 rounds of interviews, the first being online that sees if you're what Disney is looking for in terms of an employee. If you get past that, you schedule a phone interview with Disney within a couple days that is a basic job interview.

Training completely depends on where you are. I had days where I had training from 9-11 AM then work a shift to have a full day of training to having a half day and being done at noon.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me and I'll answer them the best I can.

01-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Actually have several different types of "internships", College Program (CP's), International Program (commonly referred to as ICP's, and actual "Internships" that fall under a totally different set of guidelines and work requirements (seem to be more on a "manager track" rather than just basic attractions related).

CP program's vary from area to area and what time of year they are on program. Summer programs are usually shorter that Fall and Spring. ICP's are generally there for anywhere from 6 months to one year.

As far as 2,000, could be the number as our work area at MK seems to have around 90 to 110 each program.

FLKatie912
01-04-2013, 08:25 PM
What potion are interns? I've found in chatting with CMs that many are on 6 month internships - from all over the world, as the name tags show.

I've been told such things as that 60,000 candidates interviewed for 2,000 spots. Sound about right? How many rounds of interviews? And how long is the training period?

In addition to Disney's wonderful theming, for me much of the Disney magic is in Disney service, so I'm interested to know more.

Hi!

I am currently a Professional Intern with Disney. There are many less positions for Professional Interns, compared to that of the College Programs. The Professional Internship program is geared toward upper-classmen and are career-oriented. The interviewing process can vary depending on the department, but all get an initial phone screening interview.

A major difference is that you have to apply to specific internships, as opposed to the College Program were you apply and select areas you are interested in.

The PI's are getting more and more competitive every year.

Please let me know if you have more questions!

joanna71985
01-04-2013, 08:57 PM
If you're refering to the CP, aprox 6,000 are taken a semester. I loved my programs (I did 6), and am still at WDW now

BigThunderFan
01-05-2013, 10:59 AM
I am so disappointed that I didn't find out about the CP until the semester I graduated :(

I applied anyway but ended up getting a full time position closer to home and couldn't justify a 6 month (or so) part time position with nothing for sure afterward. I see the CPs now and feel a little jealousy, but I know it isn't all roses either!

MouseHouser
01-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Thank you for the responses. Sounds like a great experience.

joanna71985
01-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Oh it really is!