PDA

View Full Version : Very Sad News

Ian
12-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately, I have to pass on some very sad news to our INTERCOT family ...

Long time site member and moderator Ellen Dominguez lost her decade long battle with cancer this evening.

Ellen contributed so very much to INTERCOT over her many years with the site, but more than that she touched the lives of countless others with her brave and tireless struggle against her disease.

I can't say enough about what an amazing, inspiring woman she was. There are so, so many of us here who will miss her dearly, but none so much as her young son Ben.

I'd ask our entire INTERCOT family to keep Ellen and her family in your prayers.

Ed
12-30-2012, 05:13 PM
I think all of our members can get more insight into the strong, courageous lady Ellen (ElenitaB on the boards) was by reading this story about her (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/jobs/18pre.html?_r=0)that was in the New York Times in 2007.

Rest in God's Peace, Ellen. Your work here is done, but your courage, wisdom and kindness will live on.

:(

TinkerbellT421
12-30-2012, 05:19 PM
RIP Elenita, you will be missed. Will be sending thoughts and prayers to her family and friends at this difficult time. This is definitely heart breaking news.

DizneyFreak2002
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
R.I.P. Ellen... Terribly sad news...

Melanie
12-30-2012, 05:31 PM
It's hard for me to even know what to say here. :( Ellen was an inspiration. She fought her battle long and hard, and with much dignity, and until very recently, I'd at least hoped she'd won.

INTERCOT will shine a little less bright without Ellen. She's been a member since almost the beginning, and has shared her love of Disney and expertise on planning with us all. :mickey:

RIP, Ellen. We will miss you greatly and will pray for Ben.

Diznee4Me
12-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Prayers to her family.

Dsnygirl
12-30-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't know what to say... I will miss Ellen so very much, I can't quite take it all in right now. She was so strong and courageous, such a bright light, and will be missed by so many.

When I met her here 7 years ago, I knew she was special... her friendship has been such a blessing, and what she has done here on this site will be missed, as well.

I had the chance to get together with her in person a few times, as well, both at Disney & in NYC... she was just as kind and sweet and thoughtful as you imagined her to be online. She was an amazing woman, and I am so thankful to have had the chance to have her in our lives.

God's blessings to you, sweet Ellen, and to your Ben... you will forever be in our hearts.

Strmchsr
12-30-2012, 05:49 PM
I had the great fortune to have lunch with Ellen and Ben at WDW as well as get to know her through 8 years on Intercot. She will be sorely missed. A truly great lady. Prayers are with Ben through his time of grieving.

Christine
I am absolutely heartbroken. Ellen was supposed to be here in wdw right now. I enjoyed her GREAT wit and was always amazed by her extreme concern for others while she quietly waged her private horrible battle.
She was a part of my daily life on here as well as Facebook and her wonderful "thinking of you" texts. She'd often ask me to stand under Tink during wishes and get her some pixie dust. I shall do that tonight for her. My daily life has a hole in it now.
God bless her family. God bless her sweet son & hold and comfort him.

Heaven has gained a phenomenal angel today!
I'm so blessed to have been her friend

faline
My thoughts are with Ellens' family. May she now be at peace and without pain.

BriarRose0708
12-30-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm so sad to hear this. Ellen was so kind, welcoming, a very loving mother to Ben, and inspiration to us all. I had the chance to meet her at Intercot's 10th and wish I could have spent more time with her. She will be missed so, so much.

Does anyone know if there will be a collection taken up to send flowers or make a donation to cancer research in her honor from Intercot? I'd like to contribute, and would volunteer to coordinate that.

Piglet822
12-30-2012, 05:56 PM
No matter what she was going through she was always there for others.
I have a picture I took at OKW on one of her trips of the lighthouse and palm tree. Whenever I look at it I think of her.
She was a great lady and will be missed by many.
:crying:

Dopey's Girl
12-30-2012, 06:09 PM
While I didn't know her personally, she always was here offering support when needed. It's not often you can read how wonderfully kind someone is...

Prayers for all. So sad.:(

Strmchsr
12-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a collection taken up to send flowers or make a donation to cancer research in her honor from Intercot? I'd like to contribute, and would volunteer to coordinate that.

The moderators are working now to figure out how the Intercot family will honor Ellen. As soon as a decision is made we'll certainly post it so that anyone who wishes to participate will be able to.

Tink1
12-30-2012, 06:16 PM
When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure. -Author Unknown

Ellen is Intercots Treasure.

My deepest condolences to her family, most notably her son, whom she loved so deeply.

Nanc

Flower
12-30-2012, 06:30 PM
She'd often ask me to stand under Tink during wishes and get her some pixie dust. I shall do that tonight for her. My daily life has a hole in it now.
God bless her family. God bless her sweet son & hold and comfort him.

Heaven has gained a phenomenal angel today!
I'm so blessed to have been her friend

I'm sure Tink will be shining extra bright tonight. What sad news, condolences to Ben, her friends and family,and to the Intercot family who lost a true treasure.

SBETigg
12-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Sad, sad news. Wishing you all comfort and peace.

Katzateer
12-30-2012, 06:43 PM
So sad:(. She was one of my first Intercot friends From my very first meet years ago and has been very helpful and friendly over the years. The last time I saw her and Ben was at the 10th anniversary at EPCOT.

Prayers for Ben. I know during her courageous fight she was always worried about what would happen to him, as a single parent. I guess he is around 17 or 18 now - hope he has a strong adult to help him through this difficult time.

WDWFanatic
12-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Such sad news, we will be saying extra prayers for her family. She was such a strong and caring woman. She will be greatly missed and fondly remembered.

tinksmom02
12-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Such sad news. In addition to enjoying her always kind and thoughtful responses here on Intercot, I had the honor of meeting Ellen and her son several years ago at a meet up in NYC and always remembered how she made me feel welcome. She will be missed by all.

NotaGeek
12-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Such sad news -- sending out lots of Pixie dust for Ben and her family - Ellen will be sorely missed in our INTERCOT family.

TikiGoddess
12-30-2012, 07:21 PM
I will never forget how welcoming she was at the first NYC meet i attended. And how much fun we had at the Grand Floridian Tea at the ICOT 10th.

Please do let us know what we can do to support Ben or donate fund to help out.

Kathy

CanadianWDWFan
12-30-2012, 07:24 PM
It is with a very heavy heart that I write this, I was inspired by Ellen. She was such a courageous person. Never really thinking of herself but others instead. I will cherish the time I got to spend with her. She will be dearly missed.

barnaby
12-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers for her family, and for the Intercot family here who knew her.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-30-2012, 07:41 PM
This is such rotten news! I kept hoping for a miracle ... she is a amazing woman, and I loved the time I spent with her and Ben at WDW.

T-Belle
12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Such sad news. Prayers for her son, Ben and her Intercot family.

princessgirls
12-30-2012, 08:33 PM
I am so sad to learn of the passing of Ellen.

Rest in peace Ellen. Your courage and spirit will NEVER be forgotten. You displayed class and dignity while fighting your cancer.

I will keep your family and son Ben in my prayers during this truly difficult time.

You were an Intercot treasure, and will be missed.
Julie:mickey:

hoop de do
12-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Ellen was so kind and helpful when I met her at our 10th. anniversary celebration at the WORLD. She was really an ambassador for our site. I feel very fortunate to have known her.
I left the 10th. meet feeling like I knew her all my life.
My condolences to her family.

Mickey'sGirl
12-30-2012, 08:47 PM
So sad:(. She was one of my first Intercot friends From my very first meet years ago and has been very helpful and friendly over the years. The last time I saw her and Ben was at the 10th anniversary at EPCOT.

Prayers for Ben. I know during her courageous fight she was always worried about what would happen to him, as a single parent. I guess he is around 17 or 18 now - hope he has a strong adult to help him through this difficult time.
Yes, Ben turned 17 in November. He is very fortunate to have his Mother's brother, who has been with him since Ellen went to the hospital. I know that Ellen had thought about his situation if needed, and plans were made. My heart breaks for him.

magicofdisney
12-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Such heartbreaking news. I'm speechless but my prayers go out to her family. :(

Figment!
12-30-2012, 08:57 PM
..... at a loss of words for this terribly sad loss.

Beyond my thoughts and prayers for her and her family, I can only offer these words which were shared with me :

"Life is a blend of love and loss, but love is always stronger...love lives on forever."

They brought me some measure of peace during a recent loss of a loved one and I can only hope it can do the same for those who knew and loved her.

pianobabe
12-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Praying for Ben and the rest of her family and friends.

Caroleh
12-30-2012, 08:59 PM
I had met Ellen on INTERCOT and was very fortunate to meet her in person. Her great love for life with dealing with her own battle made her my hero. She was always there for those who needed her and never wanting anything in return.

I will deeply miss her but I know that God got one awesome angel today and her star will always shine brightly upon us.

My thoughts and prayers are with Ben and the rest of Ellen's family during these troubled times.

Katzateer
12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Yes, Ben turned 17 in November. He is very fortunate to have his Mother's brother, who has been with him since Ellen went to the hospital. I know that Ellen had thought about his situation if needed, and plans were made. My heart breaks for him.

Good to know! Thanks! I knew he was about that age.

Our first meet At Ghirardelli's Ben and my youngest Stephanie, were playing together. A vendor let them play with some light- up bouncy balls. One of them went into the water and the kids were upset. The vendor was very nice about it and told them don't worry about it - it happens all the time.

Lizzy
12-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Such sad news. My deepest sympathies to her family, and especially Ben. She fought a long hard fight.

I will keep her family and all our Intercot family in my prayers tonight. We have truly lost a great treasure of a woman.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
While I never had the pleasure of meeting Ellen or her son Ben, I felt like I knew her a little bit through Intercot. One of mine and my sister's first thoughts were of Ben and what would become of him. I'm glad to hear that he has his uncle to guide him through this difficult journey he's going through. RIP and prayers and pixie dust to Ben and his family.

SandmanGStefani24
12-30-2012, 09:15 PM
i never met her, but feel a connection to anyone in the Intercot community. I feel like those here are a little more friendly, accepting, and respectful here, just as we are in WDW. Anything that brings us here to spend some free time joins us and unites us and should be celebrated. Next WDW visit I will ride something one more time just for her and everyone else who can't be with us anymore. Best wishes to her family and friends.

NJGIRL
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
I will miss my writing partner. She was a great person. :(

Mickey'sGirl
12-30-2012, 09:30 PM
i never met her, but feel a connection to anyone in the Intercot community. I feel like those here are a little more friendly, accepting, and respectful here, just as we are in WDW. Anything that brings us here to spend some free time joins us and unites us and should be celebrated. Next WDW visit I will ride something one more time just for her and everyone else who can't be with us anymore. Best wishes to her family and friends.
That's a fantastic idea.

buzznwoodysmom
12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Such sad news. My thoughts and prayers to her family, especially her son. May he find the strength and comfort he needs right now.

marlyn
12-30-2012, 09:45 PM
I am so saddened by this news. Ellen was always so kind and helpful to me over the years. I had a health scare a few years ago and she was so supportive to me at that time. RIP Ellen! There is a bright new star shining in the heavens tonight....

caryrae
12-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Never Alone
by Rodney Belcher

I feel you in the morning
When at first I awake
Your thought is with me
With each decision I make

You'd been around forever
Since the first breath I took
Now I have to go on alone
But for love, I need not look

Cause by what you bestowed
In our short time together
Will last in my heart
Forever and ever

Although you've left
And now walk above
I'm never alone
I'm wrapped in your love

Enjoy now your long waited reward
Feel peace that your love continues on
What was taught to me, will be taught to mine
Cause you live on in me even after you've gone

mouseketeer mom
12-30-2012, 09:47 PM
I met Ellen twice, once at at NJ meet and once at a NYC meet, along with her son. She was welcoming and kind. I always enjoyed her wisdom here on the boards so very much!!! Wishes for the hearts of her family to feel peaceful as they go thru this loss of their beloved family member. Thank you Ellen for all of your help planning thru the years! Whenever I saw your name, I knew the answer would be on spot and helpful!!!

Belle_0717
12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Ellen - you will be forever in our hearts. I know you are up there with Walt himself. Having only known you here, I feel the warmth of your heart through these posts and reading your story, my heart has a hole. God bless your son and He will be with him through this time.

John
12-30-2012, 10:06 PM
It is indeed a sad day here at INTERCOT. We have lost a staff member, a friend and an inspiration to us all.

As we celebrated the 15th anniversary of the site recently, we all felt a gap in our ranks as she was not able to join us.

Many of you may not know - Ellen was instrumental in helping bring together the 10th anniversary and aid in much of the planning. I can recall her and her son helping me stuff bags, make plans and goof around just days prior to the October event 5 years ago. Her lead during that time laid the foundation for the 15 event that many of you enjoyed. Those are memories I will treasure forever.

Ellen's battle will serve as inspiration for us all - she was quite a lady and all who came in contact with her were touched with a special brand of magic.

We will miss you friend...

As someone mentioned, we are working on what we as site can do to help her son. We'll post as soon as details are available.

wildernesslady
12-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Such sad news. I always felt her posts reflected her true feelings. She will be missed.

disneydeb
12-30-2012, 11:09 PM
I am going to miss my dear friend. Ellen touched so many people in so many wonderful ways.

I was fortunate enough to meet her at Intercot's 10th anniversary, to put a face with the wonderful personality I had found here.

We met in Disney again when a circle of friends decided to get together to meet once again.

I will always be grateful to Intercot for contributing to the formation of friendships such as mine with Ellen.

grego77
12-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Wow...such sad news. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to Ellen's family. She was a wonderful woman with a lot of strength and fortitude!
May the Lord be with Ellen as she ascends into heaven, and may He watch over and protect Ben and his family as they go through this rough time ahead...

Jared
12-30-2012, 11:23 PM
I have known Ellen Dominguez for more than a decade. I can say with complete certainty that she is the bravest human being I have ever had the privilege of meeting. She battled, she struggled and she endured through more than we will ever comprehend. But she lived with such class and grace that most people never saw the relentless fight she was waging every single day against a truly evil disease -- a disease that today has claimed the life of a woman that deserved so much better.

Despite the difficulties that Ellen faced in her life, she never, ever put her own plight ahead of her compassion for others. I could spend the next couple hours retelling stories of her kindness and generosity. I'm sure many of you could do the same. Here's one: In early October, I received a package from Ellen to my apartment here in Jersey City. I had no idea what it could be. I opened it and discovered a gray T-shirt with a collection of lines from The Haunted Mansion, one of her favorite attractions. It came with a note that red: "I just thought you'd want this for the Halloween party." I wore it when we were all together that night at the Magic Kingdom. That shirt is now a tangible tribute to her.

As many of you know, my longtime girlfriend and I got engaged on Friday, Dec. 21. That night, I texted her sharing the news. She wrote back, "It's about time!" She then asked for me to send a picture of the ring on my fiance's finger, followed one more message -- "FYI - I'm going into the hospital today." By then, it was clear this wasn't going to end well. I just hope she had a chance to see that picture. I think it would have made her happy.

God knows she deserved so much more joy in her life than she got.

magicofdisney
12-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Nearly 3 years ago I had surgery. I casually made mention of this in a post, sometime back then. Twice, just days before my surgery, Ellen sent me a private message saying she was praying for me for success and recovery. I remember thinking at the time that that was one of the most thoughtful gestures anyone on Intercot had done for me. At that point I'd never known her as more than a moderator. It so touched me that I never deleted those messages. I went back this evening to re-read them and the sadness overwhelmed me. I wasn't aware of her struggles and yet she took the time to shower me with compassion. I know The Lord will reward her for her kindness.

marlyn
12-31-2012, 12:02 AM
Nearly 3 years ago I had surgery. I casually made mention of this in a post, sometime back then. Twice, just days before my surgery, Ellen sent me a private message saying she was praying for me for success and recovery.

Ellen did the same thing for me. She was such a wonderful person. When she helped me through my struggle, she never mentioned her own struggle. She was so kind and I'm sure God is thrilled to have this beautiful soul by his side.

Emily
12-31-2012, 01:02 AM
Truly heartbreaking news. :( I didn't know Ellen as well as some, but I do remember her always being very positive and sweet. I think the last time I saw her was the 10th anniversary, as well. It's clear she had a great impact on all that knew and loved her.

My thoughts go out to those close to her, who will undoubtedly miss her, especially Ben. I think about how much I love and cherish my own mother, and I can't imagine having lost her at 17. My heart really aches for him, that's so tough. :(

I hope she has found some semblance of peace.

diz_girl
12-31-2012, 01:32 AM
This is such sad news, it's difficult to find the words to write.

While I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person, from her posts she always was a kind, sweet, and classy lady.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family, especially her son. I hope that they can find the strength to deal with this terrible loss.

vizsla
12-31-2012, 04:55 AM
Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends at such a difficult time.

DisneyorBust
12-31-2012, 05:31 AM
My thoughts and prayers for her family and especially her son. How tragic.

RedSoxFan
12-31-2012, 06:58 AM
I have never met Ellen; but this news is truly heartbreaking. She was so helpful on the boards and so sweet. Thoughts and prayers are with her family and Ben. God Bless.:(

Daisy'sMom
12-31-2012, 08:00 AM
Such sad news. May the angels bring you home Ellen. God bless you and your family.

stephicakes
12-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Thoughts and many prayers for her son Ben and her entire family during this very difficult time :(

I_am_ts
12-31-2012, 09:09 AM
My heartfelt condolences to Ellen's family. Many prayers go out to them at this terribly difficult time. Terrisue

disneymom15
12-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Thoughts and prayers to Ben and all who knew and loved her.

JPL
12-31-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't even know how to express how I feel right now! Ellen was a great friend from the first time I met her & Ben at an Intercot Meet in Cherry Hill. She was a loving & caring person who would do anything for a friend. She touched many lives with her courage and kindness. I will miss her especially at future Intercot events. Prayers & Pixie Dust to Ben & her family!

Patricia
12-31-2012, 10:23 AM
This is just the saddest news, she was such a sweet, kind and thoughtful person. She will be greatly missed.. My thoughts are with her family and her son.

DVC2004
12-31-2012, 10:32 AM
So sad to hear this, like many others it;s hard to find the words....Our thoughts and prayers are with her, her son and her family. Ellen you will be greatly missed by many...

KODABEAR
12-31-2012, 11:07 AM
:(Thought's of a wonderful person. Peace to her family.

KarenP
12-31-2012, 11:19 AM
This is so very sad! My thoughts and prayers go out to Ellen's friends and family, most especially her son, Ben.

offwego
12-31-2012, 11:40 AM
I hardly am on here anymore but Ellen Ben hold a special place in my heart that started here. she was truly special and will be greatly missed.

Itchy
12-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Knowing the pain that your family is going through as I have lost to many of my own family to cancer, may you have support through you faith during this tragic time.

May the family be blessed and provided the strength to endure.

I am so sorry for your loss.

disneydeb
12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know where I could send flowers?

cer
12-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Thoughts and prayers for peace and comfort to all who were touched by such a kind and generous soul. To those of you who knew her personally, based on your testimony, you are clearly blessed.

IwannabeinNarnia
12-31-2012, 12:44 PM
My thoughts and prayers and deepest sympathy go to Ben and the rest of Ellen's friends and family.

Cinderelley
12-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Every day is a gift. Tell the ones you love that you love them. Don't take it for granted.

I will say a prayer for Ellen's family. She will be missed.

kakn7294
12-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Sad news indeed. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

PopPhan
12-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Ellen's fun and insightful comments will be missed on these boards.

Prayers and blessings go out to Ben, Ellen's friends and family in this sad time.

JMTStone
12-31-2012, 05:52 PM
I am thankful all the good advice and friendship Ellen has provided us over the years. She will be missed. I wish for peace and comfort for her family at this time of grieving.

I'm thankful that there's a place like this (INTERCOT) where we are truly a family and the membership truly cares for each other.

PETE FROM NYC
12-31-2012, 11:40 PM
Ellen is the only person I have ever met from INTERCOT. We stopped to say hello when we left for WDW this past September. She wanted to see the set-up I had in my new Expedition to carry two ECVs. DW, Elsie, and I hit it off immediately with Ellen. What was suposed to be a quick hello and chat turned into a two hour talk. We both liked her right off. She was very easy to talk to.
I do not know what else to write here other than she will be missed by many.
Rest in peace, friend.

TheVBs
01-01-2013, 09:02 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. :( I didn't know her, but it's obvious from the thoughts expressed here that the world is a poorer place without her. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

roses
01-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Very saddening news. My thoughts and prayers are with all of her friends and family. :(

Imalismom
01-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Mercy Me, a band that I like to listen to, has a song that sums up how I am feeling right now:

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By Your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When Your face
Is before me

I can only imagine
I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in Your presence or to my knees will I
fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all

I can only imagine
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the sun

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You

I can only imagine
I can only imagine

Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of You be still
fall

I can only imagine
I can only imagine
yeah
Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of You be still
fall

I can only imagine

darthmacho
01-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Sad to hear. Condolences to all of the friends and family of a lovely woman. :(

pjbs35a
01-01-2013, 02:30 PM
A friend that I could share my cancer experiences with. You can't ask for more than that. It was an honor to have meet her. INTERCOT brought us together. INTERCOT friends will keep her memory alive.

NJGIRL
01-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know where I could send flowers?

We are getting something together to send a donation from the INTERCOT family to her son Ben. Details should be up in the next couple of days.

TracyL
01-01-2013, 04:06 PM
As a community committed to all things magical, joyful, and covered in pixie dust, we may be even more vulnerable than most to the heartbreaking realities that sometimes befall us. INTERCOT moderators should just get to live forever, shouldn't they? Or at least, time spent on INTERCOT shouldn't count against your life expectancy.

I didn't happen to know Ellen, but she was obviously someone truly special. My heart goes out to her son, her extended family, and our extended family here at INTERCOT. Do Ellen a favor, please, all of you who knew her. Close your eyes right now and see her -- see her with her smiling face and shining eyes, and hold that picture in your heart. Remember all the ways she touched your life. She will never truly die for as long as you do that.

Bright Blessings on Ellen's next great adventure, and on all those who now must continue theirs without her.

dtootsie42
01-01-2013, 08:21 PM
So sad to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with her son, family and friends.

Jeri
01-02-2013, 10:49 AM
This is such sad news. I did not know Ellen, but loved how upbeat & positive she was on here.
I have to admit when I read the news of her passing I cried. I will keep all her family & friends in my prayers, and will say some extra ones for Ben.

dixielandings
01-02-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this news! Death is such an unnatural, unfair part of life. Prayers are with you all and with ElenitaB's dear family...

God bless you...

jennbunn
01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Jared
01-02-2013, 05:04 PM
I was at Ellen's funeral this morning, along with a couple other friends from the Disney community who knew her well. It was a short but lovely ceremony. Benjamin is as brave as his mother was. I sent everybody's love.

Melanie
01-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Glad you got to attend, Jared, and thanks for sending all of our regards. :(

MNNHFLTX
01-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Thank you for doing that, Jared, and for letting us know. :)

faline
01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
I was at Ellen's funeral this morning, along with a couple other friends from the Disney community who knew her well. It was a short but lovely ceremony. Benjamin is as brave as his mother was. I sent everybody's love.

Thanks, Jared, for attending.

marlyn
01-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Jared, I'm glad some Intercotees attended. I'm still having a hard time realizing that Ellen is no longer with us here.....:(

TikiGoddess
01-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Jared, thanks for passing on our thoughts and prayers.

Kathy

Caroleh
01-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Thank you Jared for being there for all of us.

BronxTigger
01-02-2013, 11:23 PM

I am glad you were able to attend. I wish I could have made it to the service.

I've been having a hard time finding the words to say. We talked almost every day. I will miss her very much. I am blessed to have known her. I can't remember when I first met her in person, but I believe it was at one of the NYC Intercot meets. I last saw her in person this past March when I was in NYC for a weekend. I did not know at the time that it would be the last time I would see her. :(

I am convinced that she put her all into everything she did. I never saw her do anything with less than a full effort. She very rarely let her illness dictate her life, and she never let it define her. She would persist at a task until it was done to her high standards. She did this with her work, her moderating of this site, gifts for people, everything. Every time I was at her apartment, she had a little pile of things that she was preparing to send off to people "just because" she knew they would like it.

She fought her cancer with perseverance, determination, and a will to live. I still cannot believe it won the battle. :(

If I could demonstrate half her generosity, resilience, and strength, I will be a better person.

Hammer
01-03-2013, 12:11 AM

Thanks Jared for sending our regards and love,

BrerGnat
01-03-2013, 08:12 AM
I haven't really known many people who have died. Really, just my grandfather (a LONG time ago) and my Father In Law.

Hearing about death is always so surreal for me, because it rarely hits me personally.

This time, though, I feel as though I've lost a great friend, and I never even met Ellen in person. However, I've "known" her on here for over a decade.

Rest in Peace, my friend. :angel:

JPL
01-03-2013, 08:57 AM

Thanks for attending Jared I would've attended but it was my first day back to work after Winter Break.

IloveJack
01-03-2013, 12:03 PM
I never met Ellen, but her advice and kind words here were wonderful. I can only hope to leave a legacy such as the one she has in the previous 5 pages of this thread. I will be praying for her Ben. I can't imagine losing my mother at such a young age.

tjstrike
01-04-2013, 08:41 AM
R.I.P Ellen - Prayers to her family.

disneykidsince1970
01-05-2013, 03:41 AM
We are so very sad to hear of Ellen's passing. She obviously touched many lives. Our prayers are with our extended Intercot family.

Carolyn & Nikki

RavsRuleDisney!
01-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Sad day here at Intercot - prayers to Ben and all those who were fortunate to have Ellen in their lives.

Tinkermom
01-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Saw this news while we were in WDW and said a prayer for Ellen and her son. I've had several conversations with Ellen here on Intercot. What a wonderful, kind, strong lady.

DisneyGiant
01-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Very sad to read this news. I believe I had the pleasure of exchanging comments with ElenitaB from time to time.

Thank you for sharing that nice NY Times article about her - I am a casual visitor at intercot & did not know of her struggles.

My thoughts, prayers and condolences to all who lost a caring, thoughtful friend.

laprana
01-08-2013, 10:00 AM
So sad to hear this news. :( My deepest condolences to her son and family, and all her Intercot friends. Keeping everyone in my prayers.

minnie04
01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Thoughts and prayers to Ben and the rest of the family :(

blessedmom4
01-16-2013, 08:01 PM
I am newly registered to the Intercot boards for the soul purpose of signing this thread. Ellen was a truly remarkable lady who befriended me in her quiet gentle way. My eldest son and I had the pleasure of staying at her apartment this summer with she and Ben. She was the most gracious of hosts, just as you would have imagined her to be. I know of at least two people on these boards who knew of my friendship with her.

I honestly can't begin to put into words the grief I feel over losing my friend. She was an incredibly private person; however, shared so much of her heart with me. She preferred to keep our personal stuff between us. I want to honor her though and would like to say that my friend, Ellen, was one of the few truly selfless people I have ever known/met. She was an advisor, a confidant, cheerleader, supporter and a true friend. She never did anything for the accolades or the recognition. What she did came from a place of love, understanding and compassion. Ellen was far more than a friend...my words are inadequate to explain how I felt about her. We clicked from the first time we spoke and I will miss her forever. She was a truly wise, wonderful lady who blessed so many. She had little family and we became that to each other.We talked about moving to Florida together, where we could truly be a family, along with a few other special folks. That had been a wonderful dream. My last contact with her was via email, December 26. She wasn't well, but still hopeful.

I ask, does anyone know how Ben is? Is he with his Uncle? I am very worried.

Thank you for sharing your heart stories of "ElenitaB". She was truly a classy lady.

TheDuckRocks
01-18-2013, 04:42 PM
I have just returned from WDW and was catching up on all things Intercot when I read this post. I am deeply sadden and my heart breaks for Ellen's Ben. Ellen was someone I never met but was one of my heros. Her battle was monumental. Her love for her child great. I don't believe I ever read a harsh word that she posted. I now know I was just one of many who she reached out to with private messages when in I was in need. Ellen you have made my life better for having known you. RIP

BronxTigger
01-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Blessedmom4 - She told me about you! She spoke very highly of you also, and I know she enjoyed the time you spent together.

I do not know for certain how Ben is. I do believe his uncle is caring for him. I have been thinking a lot about him also.

andreallybadeggs
01-22-2013, 09:00 AM
From another who never met her but has been touched by her story. Prayers for the peace that passes all understanding.

beksy
01-27-2013, 06:01 AM
I haven't been on here for awhile and was shocked when I read the news. While I never met her, I enjoyed reading her comments and wish that I had had the opportunity to meet such a wonderful person. My prayers go out to her family, especially Ben. I take comfort in knowing that such a considerate lady surely made plans for the care of the son she loved so much if the worst did happen.

God now has another angel and Walt another friend in heaven. :angel: