PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Food and Wine versus Christmas...any discounts?

Genie1953
12-30-2012, 04:02 AM
Can anyone tell me whether the dates for Food and Wine possibly overlap with Christmas decorations. We have never been for the Food and Wine and my husband has never been at Christmas. We are hoping to see both. Also does anyone know what type of promotional discounts are usually offered during the fall months? We are planning a short 3-4 or possibly 5 day trip. Any help will be appreciated.

:mickey: :confused: :mickey:

Strmchsr
12-30-2012, 08:34 AM
The F&WF usually goes through the second weekend in November (this year through Nov 12). So, there would certainly be some Christmas decorations up at that time. Not all of them, but MK, especially is fairly well decorated by then. The first MVMCP was on Nov 9 this year and they have MK fixed up almost all of the way by then. The rest of the resorts and parks would be sporadic, but there would be some. To see the most Christmas you would want to go that last weekend. Of course, that's also Veteran's Day weekend, which can be pretty crowded.

As for discounts, it depends year to year. Occasionally it's been "free" dining or some other kind of room or package discount. Never anything guaranteed but there's usually at least a room only discount at that time.

VWL Mom
12-30-2012, 10:19 AM
F&W dates for 2013 are Sept 27 through Nov 10.

For 2012 Osbourne lights at DHS started on Nov 9 and the first MVMCP was also Nov 9. These dates coincided with the end of Jersey Week which tends to be a bit more crowded but still manageable. As Chris said, the parks seem to be switched from Halloween at that point but the resorts are in the beginning stages of decorating.

Strmchsr
12-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the update Lynn. I hadn't seen the 2013 dates yet.