PDA

View Full Version : Probs reaching Disney by phone?????

MouseHead
12-29-2012, 09:19 PM
I have been trying to get through to Disney travel/reservations for 6 days :ack:----The first 2 days I got constant *all circuits are busy*---then for the last 4 days I have gotten through the line but am put on *wait/hold* for as much as 45 minutes each time:thedolls:----I have not had the time/patience to stay on any longer than that :sick:----does anyone know what the problem/issue is???.....I need to cancel a reservation & do not want to get down to the point where *they*[Disney] will charge me if I do not cancel my ressie in advance....What if anything is my option here????:confused:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-29-2012, 10:06 PM
I've heard that lots of people are having a terrible time with the website lately, so I'm thinking that more people than usual are calling, hence the crazy long waits. Combine that with the holidays, and I can only imagine your frustration.

It can be best to try and call at a bit of an off time. Mornings are always busy at Disney, but I've had better luck (and shorter waits) in the early afternoon.

Mousemates
12-29-2012, 10:58 PM
When I called Friday night the CM told me that were having some issues with "magical enhancements" to their phone/computer system (as well as a much higher than expected call volume)...we were attempting to add nights on to an existing reservation and had a bout a 40 minute wait friday and 35 minute wait earlier tonight. just keep trying and when you get into the system don't get frustrated and decide to call back later...just use your cell phone and put it on the speaker option, watch some TV and when you here a voice pounce on it.

1DisneyNut
12-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Just a guess but I would say it is the holidays and a lot of people are off work right now so they are short handed. Even though it is Disney, it is still the holidays.

DreamFinder2
12-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Three experiences with this...once last week, called to modify an ADR and was told the system was down for "enhancements". Second time, tried to call to modify the ADR and I got the "all circuits are busy" message for about 10 minutes. Lastly, tried to call today to modify the same reservation and check on a tour reservation, the CM said they were down for enhancements, again.

Let's go, Disney...hire some IT people, please :blush: