PDA

View Full Version : World of Color

DakotaDisney
12-29-2012, 06:15 PM
I am going to Disneyland in a few weeks. What is the best place to see Worlds of Color? How early do you need to find a seat? Are there any reserved areas connected with restaurants like there is with Fantasmic in WDW?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!:mickey:

tinkwest
12-29-2012, 09:51 PM
You may dine at Wine Country Trattoria or Carthay Circle Restaurant to receive World of Color reserved viewing (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys-california-adventure/world-of-color/dining/). There is also a picnic meal (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys-california-adventure/world-of-color-picnics/) available which includes a guaranteed fastpass for viewing of the show.

There is no seating for World of Color. It is a standing room only type of viewing, sectioned off for each different type of pass. I have not yet found what I would call an optimal viewing area.

I've seen it with a dining/reserved pass, picnic fastpass, and regular fastpass. I actually found the best spot when I had the picnic fastpass. That time I was there claiming my spot about two hours prior to show time. This was when the show was still quite new so perhaps there is not the rush to get there as early any more. I'm not sure. When we had the reserved area pass we actually had the worse view of all. So many tall heads we could only see about the top half of the show.

I'm not putting the show down. It's neat. But be prepared to have obstructed viewing,

2Epcot
01-02-2013, 01:17 AM
If you choose not to do the meal / reserved seating you can just opt to get a fastpass distributed near Grizzly River Run, when the park opens. Whatever color section you end up in, the best way to improve your viewing experience is to be in the front of that section near the railing. That way you have nobody directly in front of you, a little gap of space, and the next level will be at least a step below you. If you don't mind getting wet, you can sometimes choose to be in the very front if there is space available with no obstructions at all.

DakotaDisney
01-29-2013, 10:48 PM
World of Color is Awesome!
I saw it 2 nights in a row last week.
The first night we did the fast pass and got into the yellow area. We didn't go very early, so we couldn't see the water level, but still a good view.
The second night I did the picnic lunch and ticket. The food was okay, but the ticket was also for the yellow area, so no advantage there. I did go earlier, so I got closer and had a better view. The better view was because of going earlier and not the picnic ticket.

tinkwest
01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
So glad you were able to see this show, not once but twice.

Melanie
01-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Do the meal option and like previously suggested, get there early and get against a rail. We had great seats last week and ate at Carthay Circle for lunch.