PDA

View Full Version : Are all the rooms really gone?

jaredkari
12-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Ok being a WDW freak anytime I have a few days off I think to myself hey how much would it be to go to WDW for a few days.

I have been looking at the online system to see about next week but it always tell me no rooms avaialable?? I assume it is something with the WDW online system, or it is really that busy right now??

faline
12-28-2012, 11:58 AM
There are lots of difficulties with the on-line system right now. If you're going for enough nights, you might try booking through Magical Journeys.

CU Tiger
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
We called and went on line a few times a day for a month until we finally got a reservation. You keep trying until you pick up a cancellation.:mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Two things could impact why everything is "booked solid".

I don't know if these still hold true, but at one time they did.

Travel agencies, like American Express, will hold large blocks of rooms for their package deals. (ok - this was true in olden days, not sure if so anymore). When we did our first trip to POR-FQ the rooms were shown as fully booked, but when we went thru AE, low and behold plenty of rooms.

Second, again don't know if this still holds true, but in off-season they may not make all rooms available. There is I'm sure a cost benefit ratio to staffing and costs to keep a wing or unit open and occupancy levels. So its possible some rooms aren't available because of this.

Again, used to be true, not sure if it is anymore.

Good luck finding a room.

faline
12-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Another thing that could affect what you see for availability is whether or not you are trying to book at a discounted rate. If the rooms set aside for a particular discount have been used, there will be no more availability at that resort for that discount.