PDA

View Full Version : Goals/Resolutions for 2013?

dnickels
12-28-2012, 09:36 AM
I know there was one of these for 2012, although on follow-up it didn't sound like too many people met their goals, so with a fresh year upon us, what are your goals or resolutions for 2013?

Mine are to 1) improve my times in both the WDW half marathon and full marathon here in a few weeks, 2) pay off ~10% of my remaining mortgage balance towards my goal of being mortgage-free before the age of 45, 3) save 20% of my pre-tax income towards retirement and 4) go out west again for 3 months in the summer.

Happy new year and I hope everyone is able to have the good fortune and maintain the hard work required to achieve your goals in 2013. :party: :marg:

vicster
12-28-2012, 12:12 PM
My goal is to be more organized and get rid of "stuff" that I don't need. Love the mortgage-free goal so I may jump on that bandwagon.

Good luck to us!!!

comicguy
12-29-2012, 07:41 AM
My goals for the upcomming 2013 year would be in no particular order:

lose another 15 pounds
get rid of more clutter (another 2-3 carloads would be awsome!!)
work on improving organization (at both home and work)
gut and remodel master bedroom
of course go back to WDW this August :mickey:
Spend less money on unneeded stuff!!::ack::confused:

taleasoldastime
12-29-2012, 02:02 PM
My goals are
1) get to a point in my hairstylist career where I can booth rent
2) go to college
3) rent a house
4) fit in my high school jeans

I bettter get started soon!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
My only goal/resolution so far is to try to stress less about my job.
And I'd like to start to pay off some debt. When I get stressed, I shop. I must/need to stop that kind of reaction!

buzznwoodysmom
01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I have several goals for this year.

#1 is to get in shape. DH races, does triathlons, and is soooo much more active than the boys and I. Even tho the kids play sports, we all need to get in better shape. Our family goal is to run a 5K together before summer gets here, then to build on that. Should be interesting since I hate running.

#2 is to downsize the amount of stuff we have in our house. I am the type that has "a place for everything, and everything in its place". So my house always looks clean and organized, but we have way too much stuff. I started with our hall closet and my boys bathroom. Got rid of 5 or so trash bags of sheet sets, blankets, beach towels, and just stuff we haven't used in over a year. It's all got to go! LOL.

#3 is to save more money. Enough said.

Good luck to everyone! Here's hoping 2013 is a great year for all our resolutions!

Goofy4TheWorld
01-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Loose the 25 pounds of fat 2012 gave me, and then ad about 10 pounds of muscle.

Thats all!

TheVBs
01-04-2013, 09:42 AM
I don't really do resolutions, but there is something I'd like to improve on. I'm not very good about keeping in touch/getting together with people. I want to do more of that this year!

RedSoxFan
01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Just to keep up with my running. I ran my first 5K in September (a benefit for a friend battling cancer). I'm running with a friend of mine in the Shamrock Run (4 miles in Syracuse/Tipp Hill) in early March. Should be a lot of fun. DS25 said it is fun as he used to run in it when he lived in Tipp Hill.
And then there is the usual stuff: clean out closets; touch up painting, etc.