PDA

View Full Version : Most Kid Friendly Places--3 year old

DisneyDude1977
12-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi! My wife and I are taking our 3 year old daughter to WDW in late June 2013. I was wondering, in everyone's opinions, what the most kid friendly places to take her to eat would be? We are considering Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Cape May Cafe, and Whispering Canyon Cafe right now.

Thanks in advance for any advice given!

--Earl

spinnerf
12-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Love Crystal Palace and hate ADRs yet I make one for Crystal Palace every trip. The kids love it. And personally I like the food.

lawgirl
12-28-2012, 06:57 PM
I've always heard great things about Cape May brunch. We still haven't made it over there, but I hear its great. Also, we took my 2.5 YO son to the character brunch at Ohana, and he loved it. We all loved it, actually. The food was really good, and its got good energy. They even had a little parade around the restaurant that all the kids joined in.

I think I saw you are staying at AKL. We took him to Boma and Sanaa, and he did well at both places. Sanaa is sooo cool...I love the decor and its pretty awesome to look out the window and see zebras right there while your eating. I would skip Jiko unless she is really patient and quiet...its definitely a more upscale atmosphere, and is more "fine" dining and quiet. We decided to wait until he's older for that one...alot older!

I decided not to make too many reservations this trip, just because I didn't want to have to "pressure" him to sit still and be quiet for 2 hours. The only one I made was for San Angel Inn at Mexico, and he LOVES that place. He still talks about eating in the pyramid with the volcano!

disneydeb
12-28-2012, 08:30 PM
The breakfast at Tusker house is our favorite for breakfast and Ohana for dinner!!!

AgentC
12-29-2012, 07:53 AM
I have done a lot of table service with my kids over the last 6 years and I really haven't found any place that is not kid friendly. Personally I don't like to take my children to most of the signature restaurants. That is because I want to enjoy the experience and the food, and it is a little hard for me with a 4 and 7 year old.

I think the first thing to find out is how your daughter reacts to characters. My kids love them so we have been doing the character meals since they were 10 month.

We have done Crystal Place twice. It is a very kid friendly place, lots of variety on the buffet, okay character interaction and a beautiful atmosphere. We do not do this one very much because my kids are not into Pooh & friends.

We have done Cape May for breakfast and lunch. The breakfast is excellent. Great character interaction. I didn't do this one as much because it does not have Mickey.

Cinderella's Royal Table is the only character meal we have not done simply because I can not make myself pay the price.:blush: We have done Akerhus starting when my daughter was 2 and she loves the princess interaction there.

My 2 favorite character meals are Ohana and Tusker House. Ohana breakfast is good and the character interaction is top notch. Tusker House adds some unusually items to the buffets which is great as an adult but still has plenty to appeal to kids.

My kids are used to be extremely picky so buffets were always a good option for me.

Other places they have enjoyed

-Sci Fi Cafe (could be scary for some)
-PrimeTime
-Chef Mickey's (Both of my kids adore CM. I think it is overpriced, but we go once a year for them.)
-Garden Grill
-Saana
-Kouzzina (breakfast)
-Biergarten

Almost forgot, WCC is a no for us because of the noise level. MY kids are not good with noise and did not enjoy the commotion there.

Keneva
12-31-2012, 07:59 PM
AgentC nailed it!:thumbsup:

PinKy
01-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Um, well - its Disney World? So pretty much everything is child friendly except Victoria & Albert's (I think the age requirement is 12?)

It rather depends on what kind of food you would like and what kind of experience you're looking for: quick service, table service, character dining or dinner show.

Our children (we have 3: 2 years old, 4 years, and 6 years) generally enjoy the character meals and buffets the best. Family style (Liberty tree) is also a good choice.

My picks: Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace,Boma

Hoop de Doo Revue is an awesome dinner show. The Luau is also fun.

BrerGnat
01-03-2013, 05:01 PM
I agree that there's not much at WDW that isn't kid friendly.

Is your child a picky eater, or will she eat anything? If she's picky, I'd say go places that have a kids menu that appeals to her. Not all the kids menus are the same resort wide, which drives me nuts, but it is what it is.

I'd probably avoid the character meals myself because since she's 3, she has to pay now and there is NO way a 3 year old is going to eat $15-20 (or whatever the going rate is) worth of food at a buffet. Characters are everywhere. You can meet them without the overly inflated price tag of a character meal. I just could never justify the cost of a character meal. We have never done one as a family and have no regrets about that.

Our favorites are Kona Cafe, Big River Grille at the Boardwalk (eating outside provides free entertainment for kids...something fun to look at), and Via Napoli.

DisneyDude1977
01-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all of the fabulous information!!!!!!

joanna71985
01-16-2013, 11:25 AM
I will second CP! It's one of my favorite restaurants on property, and you can't beat the Pooh characters :)

Airblue1
01-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Tusker House
Chef Mickey

mydisneygirls
01-17-2013, 11:41 AM
I would suggest 1900 Park Fare. This is by far the most entertaining character meal, they really interact with the guests and the food is great. If I were you, I'd would skip WCC though. Food has gone way downhill and I think a 3 year old won't enjoy this as much as a character meal.