PDA

View Full Version : Help sending low income special needs adult to WDW

Pepefan
12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
I don't know really know where to even start looking for the answer to this question, but as with all other things Disney, Intercot is the very best place to start!

I know there are several charities and funds set up to pay for trips to Disney World for sick and special needs children. I'm wondering if any such thing exists for adults. Now, luckily, the adult in question does not have a terminal illness. But she does have very special needs and does not have a family who can pay for her to have an experience like this. We would like very much for her to be able to go to Disney World with us, and we are trying to pull together enough to pay for some of her expenses.

I am wondering if there is some charity or fund out there where we could apply for a grant or some partial funding so that this very deserving lady, who lives under EXTREMELY meager conditions, could have the chance to experience Disney World.

If you have any leads, please let me know. We would greatly appreciate it!

tadshome
12-24-2012, 07:28 AM
I am sorry I don't a have any advice to offer, I just wanted to say that you are a wonderful person to to try help in this way. Your friend is very lucky to have a thoughtful and caring person like you in her life. I hope that someone comes along soon to give you the information that you need.

TinkerbellT421
12-24-2012, 08:20 AM
I, unfortunately, do no have any experience or knowledge for this type of situation. However, I wanted to also express how very kind hearted and loving this is of you to try so hard to help someone experience a chance of a lifetime. You are a very kind and caring person. Good luck and hope you find your answer soon! :thumbsup::mickey:

Katzateer
12-25-2012, 08:01 PM
I do not know of any organization but I wonder if you contacted Disney directly if park tickets and maybe some meal vouchers could be donated.

VWL Mom
12-26-2012, 10:23 AM
You might try calling Make a Wish or Give Kids the World in your area. Although they deal with children they may know of similar organizations that deal with adults. It's a wonderful thing you're doing, good luck!

Pepefan
12-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks! But I don't think it makes me all that different from anyone else who loves Disney, right? That we want to share this special place, this special feeling with everyone so that they can get as much happiness from it as we do? I grew up in a large family with not a huge income, but my parents believed so much in what Disney stood for and what it could do for our lives, that they made it a mission to take us to Disneyland or WDW every single winter. I don't know how they did it. Now I just wish I could do the same for others who are so deserving.

That all being said, thanks so much for the ideas! I didn't figure there was such an organization in existence, but now that gives me an idea for something maybe I can organize in the future:mickey:! Meanwhile, my husband has been calling Disney to see if they can help her out. So far we haven't been completely turned down, but no one has really been able to help either. But my extended family has been helping out donating items to sell on ebay. Lots of their own Disney collections, toys, etc. So I'll work on the that for the next few weeks and see what we can come up with!

If anyone has any other ideas, please share...I'm open to anything at this point! And maybe in the future you'll see me posting about starting up a charity that would send deserving adults to WDW and Disneyland -- we'll see what the future holds!