PDA

View Full Version : Splitsville? Anyone been yet??

jennsky
12-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Just curious about Splitsville. Has anyone been there yet? Is it awesome??

John
12-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Did it for the media event.... very nice, good food, bars up and down, pool tables, sushi and rockin' bowling. What's not to like. Can see this as a nice destination when the parks close early. Oh, and the pizza was actually good ;)

DizneyFreak2002
12-23-2012, 12:04 PM
So far I've read positive reviews from people who have gone there...

I can't help but think of the scene in Grease 2 though, music, dancing, and bowling... LOL...

Melanie
12-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I can't help but think of the scene in Grease 2 though, music, dancing, and bowling... LOL...

We're gonna scooooooore tonight! :cool: lol

Splitsville at DTD isn't a new concept. There's been one in Tampa for awhile, and I just discovered there is one fairly local to me here in VA. I think it will be successful. :bowl:

DizneyFreak2002
12-24-2012, 12:25 AM
We're gonna scooooooore tonight! :cool: lol

Splitsville at DTD isn't a new concept. There's been one in Tampa for awhile, and I just discovered there is one fairly local to me here in VA. I think it will be successful. :bowl:

That's the song LOL...

I have a feeling it will do very well, even though I couldn't ever see myself going bowling while on vacation when i can go bowling here at home.. Granted, Splitsville is a different bowling experience than your typical, run of the mill bowling alleys... :)

Zippy 1
12-24-2012, 01:59 AM
We can't wait to go for my DH bowling tournament. Another reason to go to Disney:party:

Janmac
12-24-2012, 10:40 AM
We can't wait to go for my DH bowling tournament. Another reason to go to Disney:party:

What tournament is he bowling in and where? Just curious - we were talking about this the other day. My sister bowls in a lot of tournaments.

Jan

buzznwoodysmom
12-24-2012, 10:48 AM
That's the song LOL...

I have a feeling it will do very well, even though I couldn't ever see myself going bowling while on vacation when i can go bowling here at home.. Granted, Splitsville is a different bowling experience than your typical, run of the mill bowling alleys... :)

You know I said the very same thing about going to the movies in Disney. Who would waste their time at the movies in Disney???? However this past summer we went to the fork and screen theater at downtown disney and really enjoyed it. It was fun to do something different and nice to be out of the heat.

I could totally see us going bowling on a longer trip when we often look for things to do that we haven't done in Disney before.

DizneyFreak2002
12-24-2012, 11:32 AM
You know I said the very same thing about going to the movies in Disney. Who would waste their time at the movies in Disney???? However this past summer we went to the fork and screen theater at downtown disney and really enjoyed it. It was fun to do something different and nice to be out of the heat.

I could totally see us going bowling on a longer trip when we often look for things to do that we haven't done in Disney before.

I said the same thing about movies... Then Paranormal Activity came out, my friends wanted to go see it, so where did I wind up? LOL... So, even though I couldn't see myself going bowling during vacation (though, I must admit, I already did once) I won't say I will never ever go check out Splitsville... I just might... Especially since I have heard good things about the franchise...

mechanic
12-24-2012, 06:51 PM
How much does it cost to bowl?

DizneyFreak2002
12-24-2012, 07:50 PM
How much does it cost to bowl?

I believe it is $15 to $20 per person for an hour and a half, including shoe rental.. NOT including food and drinks...

After 10:00 PM the top floor is 21 and older...

Crow
12-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Did it for the media event.... very nice, good food, bars up and down, pool tables, sushi and rockin' bowling. What's not to like. Can see this as a nice destination when the parks close early. Oh, and the pizza was actually good ;)

wait good pizza at Dis.......was that after hitting the bars

goofyfan4ever
12-26-2012, 09:29 AM
My family went down on Christmas Eve and it was a wonderful experience. We had such a good time. It was $20 per person for 1 1/2 hours of bowling and that included the shoes. Definitely worth it!!