PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the Bad and the Magical Christmas Vacation 2012

Mackflava99
12-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Cast- Me
DS-Donna
Twins-Taylor and Mackenzie

AFter many years of wishing that we could visit WDW for the Holidays, this year we finally got the opportunity. We arrive on Dec 22nd and will stay till the 30th.
I have been so anxious for this trip, we have been planning for so long, that I am shocked that its finally here.
We are going to be staying at Old Key West - OKW which is also a first. We have hear nice things about it, but it wasnt our first choice , we tried for Wilderness lodge and Beach club, but they were totally booked. I have a few friends that LOVE OKW so I am taking their advice.
We started our adventure yesterday, and made terrific time driving down. We left NJ Wed night,stopped for the night and then drove straight to FL. We are staying in St Augestine for a day, then off to WDW tommorrow AM.
My wife didn't even get a speeding ticket this year :) ( last year she got 2 in one day ) We went to Hilton head in Aug, and gas was bad, this trip the proce was a little less so that was good.
We are Totally looking forward to seeing the parks all decorated, the osbourne lights, the candelight processional and everything else that will make this a special trip.

This was the first year that the kids didnt "believe in Santa" though it was in the doubting stage, i guess they wanted to believe as long as possible, but i was very sad when i found out they didnt anymore. ( i dont want them to grow any more...)They got most of their presents before we left because we didnt want to lug them down. But , Regardless i have a tree that will be delivered to our room ( its a secret ...shhh) and i have some extra presents that even my wife doesnt know about. ( one is for her) So i will add my littel Magic in our first ever Christmas away from home...

Ok now time to go to sleep, busy day tomm, the kids are all anxious ( and so am I)

AllDisney
12-22-2012, 09:32 AM
I can't wait to hear about your trip. We have been to WDW 3 times around the Christmas season (always the 1st week in December) and all the Christmas decorations STILL takes our breath away. This is the first time in 4 years that we have not been, so I will enjoy the trip through your eyes.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year:party:

faline
12-22-2012, 04:13 PM
You're off to a terrific start - can't wait to hear more!! (By the way, we stayed in a 2-bedroom at Old Key West along with my brother's family last December. It worked out perfectly!)

princessgirls
12-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Off to a good start!! Can't wait to read all about it!

Merry Christmas!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
12-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Looking forward to your next report. It sounds like an excellent start to a great vacation.

January-2007
12-27-2012, 10:45 AM
What a wonderful surprise your family has coming!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks for sharing:mickey: