Cast
Me . Trish, Turning 40 during the trip

DH Shaun 40,

DD1 Sammy(8), gamour girl fashionista

DD2 Alex(6) (well almost 6)

DS Josh (2) VERY 2,

DM Claire 60

Day 5 Magic Kingdom (Sun 12/2)
I should tell you all at this time we have had wonderful weather so far as it continued to hit about 80 each day. This kept Shaun in a very good mood as he cannot handle the heat or humidity. We took our time getting to the park this morning as it was originally going to be an “off/rest” day… but we just don’t rest well, and if we stuck around the resort the kids would beg too much for swimming and it was still a little too cold for that heated pool or no heated pool for Mommy’s taste! So off to Magic Kingdom. We really just stuck to New and Old Fantasy Land doing every ride there (Except the new Enchanted tales with Belle because 40 minute wait was too long for us with Josh) We had lunch at Cosmic Ray’s and listened to Sonny Eclipse while Alex tried to decide whether he was a “Real “ alien or not… and decided he is only a puppet and the deciding factor being that he was not reacting o anyone in the audience; especially the kid in the table right in front having a total melt down. I mean stretching out on the floor kicking his feet and pounding his arms tantrum. I felt for the parents. I have been there. And I give them credit for continuing to get their other kids fed, while they just made sure the tantrum maker was safe while he carried on. I mean you gotta take care of all of your kids, and sometimes leaving is NOT an option. We had 4pm tx to Hoop De Doo. We have never been to this show before, and I have always wanted to see it. I was worried with Josh if he would be able to handle a dinner show, but was convinced that it was silly enough and musical enough to hold his attention. (Mind you we are a pretty musical family. Musical theatre runs in my veins, the Shaun prefers straight acting to any musicals.) We got there, and we did the pictures, wandered around a little. Once we got in there, we had pretty good seats. The food started coming and it was DELISH! The music started and Josh wanted nothing to do with it. We had to take turns walking him out of the room to the bathroom, to anywhere… He just did NOT want to stay at the table and watch the show or hear the music. We didn’t want to distract the performers… It was frustrating. The girls LOVED the show, its slapstick and silly. What I saw was really fun. I bet in another year or two he would be fine… just now, he does not have a love of Musical theatre. All well , it will come, it has to… It is in his DNA. After he show we let the kids play at the playground outside the hall and then took the boat back to Magic Kingdom and the bus back to the resort. We ran into Nana who offered to watch the kids again if we wanted to go out for more “adult” time at Epcot for an hour or 2. YAY! Bonus. Shaun and I headed to Epcot, he grabbed a beer and I got a gr and marnier orange slushie thing in Paris and we headed to the Candlelight Processional and listened to Andy Garcia narrate the Christmas story for a while. Then we went to the caramel store in germany and shared a Dark chocolate/caramel/sea salt.. Holy Moly that was good! We took some photopass pics infront of the Eiffel Tower and the fountain in Paris. It was nice to be able to walk and hold hands with my husband… Love holding hands with my kids, but it is nice to do so with my husband everynow and then too!. Got home. Thanked Nana for watching the kids, and went to bed!

faline
12-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Nice day especially being able to spend some adult time with your husband at the end. Your mom sounds like a real gem!!

January-2007
12-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks for reporting!

hauntedmansiongirl
01-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks so much for your reports! You're getting me through to our April trip!!! :mickey:

vizsla
01-08-2013, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
01-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: