Cast
Me . Trish, Turning 40 during the trip

DH Shaun 40,

DD1 Sammy(8), gamour girl fashionista

DD2 Alex(6) (well almost 6)

DS Josh (2) VERY 2,

DM Claire 60

Day 4 Animal Kingdom (Sat 12/1)
Off to Animal Kingdom this morning. At this point I will let you know that my son, who normall naps for 2+ hours each day has now gone since Tuesday without a nap. He has done well, but he is tired. Shaun and I grab our annual frozen cappuchino outside AK and head in with the kids to get our fast passes for Safari… I think then we headed over to Its tough to be a bug. Josh was less than thrilled with this, and while the girls beg for this each time we are here… they always end up hiding by the time that the spiders come down. After I think we headed back and did our safari, which was great, the giraffes were very playful and we had one walk right up to the truck, walk in front of it, and just stand there for about 5+ minutes. It was so funny. The only reason it finally moved was a gnu (wildabeast ) started walking towards it. We had full view of the female and male lion, and the zebras were plentiful. We had lunch at Pizzafari which we like due to the large amount of seating… After we headed over to dinoland.. and the kids rode the green dinosaur ride with Shaun (cant remember what I was doing and played some carnival games) then insisted on the boneyard playland,,, which I HATE… HATE… One of us has to stay with Josh and the other has to keep trying to find the girls, and it is too crowded, and the place just makes me nervous! (I lost Sammy in there once and since then I get naseaus going near there!) Finally Josh fell asleep in his stroller, and Shaun took the girls on Dinosaur … now mind you, they had been on this ride about 3 times last year … well I guess they had their eyes closed, because this year they were traumatized by it. By the end, Sammy was hysterical, and Alex just kept yelling at Shaun for making her go… which was funny since it was their idea. (The picture is so funny all you can see is Sammy’s back because she is hunched over and Alex screaming) So I ended up going on by myself. I mean I see where it is scary… but they did it 3 times in a row last year, who knew they would be scared THIS year>> After this Josh was still sleeping and the girls needed something calm so I took them to see the Nemo show which was very cute as usual. After we literally ran INTO the parade, which the noise woke Josh up from his nap… CRANKY… nut after a little juice he was fine and we did some pictures over in Camp Minnie Mickey with Meeko, Baloo and King louie and Chip and Dale. Dinner we went to Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani (Bus driver was a little on the DUH side and didn’t bother to announce whether we were at Kidani or Jambo House, so I am glad that I was asking others on the bus) Dinner was very good. Shaun and I both had the steak. We did have to keep taking Josh for walks out of the restaurant tho to keep him from being too crazy, but we are pretty used to that. On the back poor Sammy wasn’t feeling good and when the bus stopped at Jambo house she and Shaun hopped off and RAN in… They did make it to the bathroom in time I guess Shaun yelled “Sick kid… where’s the rest room?” and was pointed in a direction… and got her there… Alex, Josh and I stayed on the bus to Hollywood Studios and walked back to the resort on the path from there. Poor Shaun and Sammy tho, waited for 20+ minutes for another DHS bus that never came, so they took an EPCOT bus and had to walk all the way through EPCOT. By the time they came back to the room they were BOTH exhausted.

faline
12-22-2012, 03:43 PM
The day seemed to be going quite well until Sammy didn't feel well - hope it was just a small tummy bug that doesn't linger!!

January-2007
12-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

emerzmom
12-30-2012, 07:00 PM
That ride scares me too. Every picture I am hiding my eyes!
:tink:
Julie

vizsla
01-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
01-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: