PDA

View Full Version : A very Disney honeymoon Day 3

Dulcee
12-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Wednesday Dec 12th

This morning started off a bit rough due to a rough middle of the night. The night prior DH had taken a nyquil to get some sleep so he was out cold when the noise started outside our ground floor room. It seems the room next door had decided to bring their chairs outside and loudly talk about their night at the bars. After over an hour of them sounding like they were in our room and banging on our door to get them to be quiet I finally had to call the front desk and ask someone to take care of it. I usually go with the flow so this was all very out of character for me. Being that it was almost 1 AM before I called I felt like I had given them the benefit of the doubt. Despite being totally annoyed security arrive within minutes of me calling and it was quiet after. It made me wish I had broken down and called earlier. Fortunately this proved to be a one night experience and we didn't have any noise issues after.

That morning we were heading to Hollywood Studios for opening. I filled our mugs, toasted some bagels for breakfast and then dragged DH out of bed. After he got a decent nights sleep (the wonders of nyquil) he was feeling quite a bit better. We decided to just take a bus over.

Today we had the Fast Pass Plus(see my post somewhere in vacation planning about that). Since we already had the fast pass plus for Toy Story Mania there was no need to run to the back of the park to get them. We instead grabbed fast passes for RR and then hopped on tower of terror twice in a row. Did a little shopping after then used our fastpasses for RR.

After we headed to Toy Story Mania to use our fast pass pluses. They worked as promised and it was great beating the lines. I cannot believe how crazy the lines are still for this attraction. Its a great ride but the lines are just ridiculous. After we did the new Pirates experience which we both thought was pretty cool. It was definitely a one time thing but we both enjoyed it.

We headed over to Star Tours next. A first since it had been redone for us. The wait was edging towards 20 minutes and we had been spoiled with walking on everything else. We grabbed fast passes then walked over to the Great Movie ride to use our fast pass plus there.

By now it was lunch time and we were starving. We grabbed lunch at the Backlot Express, both of us having the angus burger with onion peels. It was good but a bit messy and big for my liking. DH was pleased. After we used our star tours fast passes. This was alot of fun. DH is a star wars fan so he thought it was awesome and was even more excited when I told him the combinations changed each time.

We headed over to Lights Motors Action next, another of DH's favorites. We both liked the addition of Lightening McQueen and took video for my 2 year old Cars obsessed nephew.

By now DH was getting a bit tired so we decided to grab a boat to Epcot and give him some down time. It was still to early in the vacation for me to concede much non park time.

First attempt was test track, fast passes were too late so we decided to brave the 50 minute line. After a few minutes of waiting they announced it was closed due to technical difficulties. We opted for the Universe of Energy instead, a personal favorite of mine. Since it was fairly empty DH laid down and took a 40 minute nap and we were both happier by the end of it.

Got off, headed back to Test Track, still closed. We decided to give up on Test Track and headed for World Showcase. Wandered through Mexico and Norway, doing the boat rides at both. Then it was time for our 5:20 candlelight packaged at Japan.

We were seated almost immediately at Teppan Edo. DH got the tempura appetizer, I opted for a lighter miso soup. For our entree I did scallops, DH did steak and chicken. Both were good but I was a bit surprised. I use to come here with my family quite a bit when younger and when did they change that you didn't get the soup and salad automatically with your meal? The meal was good but nothing special. We opted no to alcohol and dessert since it was early and we had more to do after. I was also a bit shocked at the price of the package, it was included on our dining plan so it didn't matter much but I'm not sure I'd pay OOP for that.

After dinner I wandered through the Japan shop while DH went to Germany to grab a beer. Found green tea in the shop for DH. With his throat still acting up he'd be happy to have it in the mornings again. We walked down to France to grab desserts. DH got a strawberry tart and I got my chocolate mousse. We found a quiet area to sit and relax. DH made friends with a retired police officer and his daughter, both of whom were there with their service dogs. I swear cops can tell one another from a mile away. We both got a dog fix and then decided maybe we should check out the line for the candlelight processional.

Our passes were for the 8:15 show. Since we a) had passes, b) the park seemed quiet and c) it was the last show I figured the line wouldn't be bad. I've never done the show before little did I know the line would be insane even with the package. We ended up getting in line down by Japan. Made friends with both couples on either side of us. One of which was a women only two weeks from delivering her 5th child who had spent the day walking around the parks all day with a 20 hour drive back to NJ in a few days! She was either crazy or superwoman, I'm leaning towards superwoman as with 4 almost 5 kids she was cool, calm and collected. Both had been there before and shocked at the package line.

We waited about 45 minutes and were seated. Great seats despite the line. The show was lovely, even for my not religious self and made it feel like Christmas. Jodi Benson was a good reader if a bit overly dramatic at times for my taste. After the show we didn't go far and grabbed a nice spot for Illuminations and ended up meeting up with our friends from line.

Illuminations was fantastic as always and I loved the holiday ending! By now we were good and exhausted and took our time heading to the front of the park. We caught a bus home within minutes and were both out cold shortly there after.

Dopey's Girl
12-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Sounds like a lovely day! Thanks for reporting!

faline
12-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Glad to hear your husband was feeling better! It's so annoying when folks are inconsiderate of their neighbors at very early or very late hours!! Glad security got things quieted down again.

Yes, even with the package the Candlelight Processional line is usually very long - totally worth the wait the though!

SBETigg
12-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm glad your noise issues were handled after you called, also glad your DH was feeling better the next morning.

January-2007
12-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks for reporting!

hauntedmansiongirl
01-06-2013, 03:53 AM
I'm living vicariously through you! It's on my bucket list to go to WDW to see the Christmas decorations and the candlelight processional! :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
01-31-2013, 09:46 AM
Another great day..you guys sure do manage to cram a lot into your days! :mickey: