12-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Cast of Characters:

Heather (Me)
Ron (DH)
Matt (DS)
Courtney (DD#1)
Jason (DFSIL)
Emily (DD#3)

Friday had finally arrived and with it my card! There were no available cars to rent at Melbourne Airport so Courtney drove me back to MCO since the rental car place would honor my original reservation. Ron, Matt, and Emily went out walking to find some lunch, while Courtney and I stopped in Orlando at Chipotle for our lunch.

Back in Melbourne, Courtney had some exit interviews to do, but since we had a car now, we could entertain ourselves. We did not meet up for dinner as we were not that hungry, but eventually Ron the kids and I did grab a quick dinner at Jason's Deli. Later Jason and Courtney came to pick up Matt for their night on the town with some of their friends. Emily and I enjoyed the hot tub for a bit as well. They were not out terribly late as the next morning was graduation.

Graduation was at 9:30 Saturday morning, so Courtney asked us to meet Jason about 8 to get good seats. We met out front and he gave us our tickets. We had a bit of a wait, but when the music started I really began to tear up! I was just so proud of her. She was seated nearby so I finally got a look at her cap which had been decorated by her "little sister" of Alpha Phi. It was Disney themed of course! Pictures of it can be seen on my facebook page. The ceremony was short and to the point, but still I sat there with this ridiculously wide grin on my face with tears streaming down my face.
After all the pictures were taken, we were all ready to eat. Her first choice was a place called Sorrento's but it was not open yet. Then she decided she wanted Steak so it was off to Texas Roadhouse. Courtney and Jason needed to go back and get some things taken care of back at there house since one of their roommates had just moved out, so we went for a walk on the beach followed by a drive down the coast. Back at the hotel Emily went to the pool as well.

Later we met for dinner at Bizarro's Pizza another favorite. Everyone wanted ice cream following dinner. We decided on Kilwin's, yet another favorite, but downtown was so congested due to a candlelight shopping event. Town did look so beautiful and there were carolers as well. Courtney picked Menchies which is basically the same as our Sweet Frog. Jason was starting to get sick so he went home after dropping Courtney off.

It was an early night tonight as we had to get up super early to return the car at MCO and head over to Disney!!! Courtney and Jason would be meeting us at MK ticket window. Jason had one day left on his ticket, Ron, and Matt had their annual passes, but mine had expired so I needed to get a new one, one for Emily, and as a Christmas present was getting Courtney a Florida Seasonal Pass.

More to follow. Finally the Disney part begins!

RedSoxFan
12-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I hear you about smiling/crying at college graduation. I was that way when DS#1 graduated from Syracuse a couple of years ago and last Saturday when DS#2 graduated from Oswego State. Such a proud moment. Congrats to your daughter!!

DisneyorBust
12-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Glad to read that things have gotten better for all of you! Congratulation to your daughter, you and your DH should be proud!

faline
12-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Congrats on the graduation!! What a wonderful day!!

Dopey's Girl
12-21-2012, 09:15 PM
What a great moment for Courtney! I remember how great that day felt!

January-2007
12-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks for reporting.

princessgirls
12-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Congratulations Courtney!!!!:party:

Great day!!

Thanks for sharing Heather!

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
12-28-2012, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the report.

AgentC
12-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Conratulations to you and Courtney. It sounds like a perfect day. :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Congratulations on the graduation

pdrlkr
01-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
01-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Awe you just of felt do many different emotions while your daughter graduated!
Sounds like you all had a better day today! :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
02-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Much better day. Congrats on the graduation. I feel better now. :thumbsup: