PDA

View Full Version : Another Bakery Closed in January

Nini
12-21-2012, 03:48 AM
I just read that the Boardwalk Bakery will be closed in January for refurb along with the Main Street Bakery. We had plans to hit both of these places. Does anyone know if the products might be sold at other nearby locations?

Thanks,
Denise

kakn7294
12-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Boardwalk Bakery reportedly will have a kiosk on the boardwalk nearby. I don't know what they may sell. The MS Bakery Cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston's Tavern. Starring Rolls at Hollywood Studios has a great selection of baked goods if you're heading there.

Nini
12-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks kakn7294 -

We'll check on the Boardwalk to see what they've got. We're watching what we eat, and bakery type items are what I've missed most and am so looking forward to splurging on during our upcoming trip.

I've read that the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's are not exactly the same as the ones from the Main Street Bakery, but not really that different either. They supposedly have a maple glaze that isn't quite as good as the frosting from the MSB. I'm still going to give one a try for sure!!

Denise :mickey:

NJGIRL
12-22-2012, 10:56 PM
The Writer's Stop at DHS has tasty treats. The carrot cake cookie sandwich is my favorite.

Nini
12-23-2012, 05:12 AM
The Writer's Stop at DHS has tasty treats. The carrot cake cookie sandwich is my favorite.

Yes! This is already a planned stop - can't wait to try these!

PlutoToo
12-23-2012, 11:59 AM
According to a cast member I spoke with at Main Street Bakery, the rolls at Gaston's tavern are baked at Main Street and sent to Gaston's 12 dozen at a time. So the rolls are the same. The only difference would be the amount of icing. He also said Main
Street gets carried away with the amount of icing they put on. Lastly, he said the new menu had not been set yet, so they may still carry the great rolls when they reopen. Take it for what it's worth.