PDA

View Full Version : New Test Track

Butters
12-19-2012, 01:28 PM
We just returned from our trip a couple days ago, I was VERY disappointed with the new TT. They gutted the ride of all show elements and you ride through some black light borders. There is no terrain test, they just say you are going through it... No weather condition test they just tell you it's happening...

Anyone else been on it that feels this way... I got off feeling very disapointed

Altair
12-19-2012, 01:39 PM
It's WDW, you're supposed to use your imagination.:(

Kaps
12-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Ride looks gutted from what it was and was not worth the wait. Trom ride more like it

JabberJaws
12-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I haven't ridden myself (though hope to soon) but the majority of the reviews I have seen have been very positive. I watched the video of it and must say that I think it looks pretty cool. It is quite a departure from the original theme/concept though so I'd imagine some won't like it.

mechanic
12-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Always liked old tt. New one looks way to different. Should have new name. Looks cool in its own right. Just too different to be test track.

kbean
12-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Butters! Ur grounded!

SandmanGStefani24
12-20-2012, 01:06 PM
i agree from watching the online videos of it. The anti lock brakes test was always a little "scary" as you stared at a concrete barrier coming closer to you as you continued to accellerate. Now, you just have a sea of black and neon lights dancing around, which makes it look like you have no visual reference to any approaching danger. I think they messed up a good thing. I understand rides need to evolve a bit, but change just for the sake of change is not good. Reminds me of the revamp of el rio del tiempo.

Swing, and a miss...

spinnerf
12-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Rode it last week and couldnt agree more. While the end of the ride remains thrilling, the whole beginning leading up to it is uninspired 80s computer looking garbage that is already dated. Unfortunate but its still a very good ride.

Gator
12-20-2012, 04:41 PM
I actually like it. No more going over cobble stone streets in a buggy. No more severe braking. Just great turns, a great ride at the end, and a cool Tron feel to it. Loved it. Bought the t-shirt.

I think they messed up a good thing. I understand rides need to evolve a bit, but change just for the sake of change is not good. Reminds me of the revamp of el rio del tiempo.

Swing, and a miss...

I do believe we've found the one person that liked El Rio Del Tiempo the old way. Disney definitely didn't change that one for the sake of change. They did it because they didn't want it competing with Ellen's Energy Ride as the worst attraction at WDW.

Altair
12-20-2012, 05:03 PM
No more going over cobble stone streets in a buggy. No more severe braking.

That's what happens on a test track, now they should just call it "Sunday drive to grandma's with pretty lights.":confused:

SandmanGStefani24
12-21-2012, 01:34 AM
That's what happens on a test track, now they should just call it "Sunday drive to grandma's with pretty lights.":confused:

agreed wholeheartedly! :number1:

JabberJaws
12-21-2012, 10:45 AM
I do agree on the name issue as it really isn't a "Test Track" anymore as much as it is a design simulation or something, but at this point you can't change the name of the ride no matter what you do to it because it is already branded as such.

I think that the redesign really brings it into the 21st century and will especially appeal to young boys (sort of a video game feel to it). That being said, I am still reserving final judgement until I get to ride it later this month.

I will say this though, I loved the old TT, but I never thought that the interior portions were anywhere near thrilling. The ABS part at the beginning and the suspension test w/ the blocks were just sort of jarring and jerky and the curves through the mountains were really more of a mild joy ride by today's thrill ride standards. I think the darkness and new effects at least will add an interesting visual appear to it rather than the big empty warehouse feel.

I always did like the barrier test at the end though, so not sure how I will feel about that portion of it.

PlutoPlanet
12-21-2012, 04:24 PM
They did it because they didn't want it competing with Ellen's Energy Ride as the worst attraction at WDW.

I look forward to trying TT.
However, Stich is the worst attraction at WDW IMHO.

tiggerbuddy
12-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Don't like it at all...More of a "Tron" ride than Test Track...:ack:

goofygirl67
12-23-2012, 08:36 PM
wasn't impressed with the new ride.

Zeike
12-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Just got back and although the new test track is still a good ride I prefer the old one...it was really a "test track"....

tiggerbuddy
12-24-2012, 04:13 PM
I agree !!!:thumbsup:

I think they messed up a good thing. I understand rides need to evolve a bit, but change just for the sake of change is not good. Reminds me of the revamp of el rio del tiempo.

John
12-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Personally, I don't think I've seen a better rehab in a long, long time at Walt Disney World. The ride sits in future world and it certainly has more of that feel to it now. The preshow is much improved - no more clanking and banging - along with things that haven't worked for years. The ride itself save for the scranning room and power up room is every bit as interesting as it used to be and the post show is certianly more interactive and interesting than it's ever been.

Honestly, other than the couple minor rooms in the ride (which I would love to see addressed), I can't complain at all.

ThanxForNoticin
12-28-2012, 11:52 AM
I must admit I was nervous when we had a chance to experience the new TT last week - there was so much negativity about the changes. But I enjoyed the new ride. There are certainly things that need to be cleaned up (like the magnetic cards used to create your own car didn't work well), but overall I was pleasantly surprised.

We'll definitely look forward to going back and riding again.

Stu29573
12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
I think that the excitement factor of the ride is less. I cant see any ride elements that were added, just the look is different, and a couple of cool elements were taken away (the blocks, the element rooms, the crash test). However, now my wife with a bad back might be able to ride, and it does fit with the theme of future world, so I say its a wash..... The only problem is that referbs are about PLUSSING. A wash is NOT good....

AgentC
12-29-2012, 07:30 AM
As mentioned in the other thread, I guess this is just a really personal preference thing. I was never a huge fan if the old ride and my husband thought it was boring. I couldn't convince home to ride the new ride with me.

My mom and I loved the new ride. For whatever reason the neon really worked for us. It was fun. There were some things that weren't perfect that will hopefully be fixed. Some sound level problems and my car wouldn't load.

I will definitely ride again. Will I wait over 90 minutes like some have been doing? No, but I wouldn't wait 90 minutes for anything . :)