PDA

View Full Version : 4 vs. 7

GoldenDreams
12-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

We went on the Disney Dream 4-day to the Bahamas last year and LOVED it. We were considering a 7-day to the Carribean this year, but flights are currently very high. This has me rethinking the 4 vs. 7 day cruise since the cost difference is about $2000. For anyone who has done both --- can you sell me on the 7-day? Obviously it is more time to experience everything, but did you find it more relaxing? Were the destinations amazing? Did you ever get bored? I like the 7-day Caribbean itinerary better, but at this point, I just want the chance to go back and relax. I would probably skip the Bahamas altogether, so that would give me more time to play on-board.

Thanks very much for your input.

DizneyRox
12-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Western Caribbean for me would be 7 at seas days (except for castaway cay). I wouldn't get off the ship. Eastern Caribbean is another story.

I'd pick a seven day over a 4 day any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

wildernesslady
12-15-2012, 08:01 AM
The 7day is so relaxing. We actually have the 8 night booked for March 1. I love the sea days. Definitely worth it.

MarkC
12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
We were on the Magic for 7 days in February on the Western Caribbean itinerary. We loved every minute of it and couldn't believe how fast the time went. We felt safe at every port and would do them again in a heartbeat. While the 7 day does cost more, I would recommend it to anyone. We traveled without kids but still had a great time. Great food, shows, etc. My wife and I have completely different tastes and both still had a great time. And it was total Disney quality in all areas.

Ed
12-17-2012, 04:57 PM
We've been on two 7-nighters, two four-night, and two 3-night, and have another 7-nighter coming up in February.

We felt that the 3 night trips were entirely too short, and the 4 nights were made tolerable by having two stops at Castaway Cay. Nassau? Been there, done that, and now stay onboard during stops there.

But for us, we've pretty much decided that all future cruises will be 7 nights or longer. They may not be as frequent due to the cost, but are well worth the lapse between trips.

I'm with Disney Rox regarding the Western itinerary. Just so-so in our book. But we love the Eastern.

We have NEVER found ourselves being bored on any of the cruises. DCL has so many activities available that if you can't find something that meets your preferences, you might want to check your pulse.

GoldenDreams
12-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Thank you, all. That was really helpful!

NH Disneyfan
01-12-2013, 05:18 AM
You may want to look at discounted fares 6-7 weeks prior to sail. Google VGT, IGT, OGT to learn more. Prices lower by about 25%.