PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe resort with convenient fitness center

JoDisney
12-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Older son wants a resort with a good gym in it. I would like a nice resort too.(LOL) Any suggestions? Would like responders that have experienced the resort fitness centers.

VWL Mom
12-13-2012, 10:09 PM
DS21 has used Branches at WL and the workout room at CR and likes them both. Either one would fit your requirements.

BrerGnat
12-14-2012, 08:11 AM
How does your son define "good fitness center"?

Does he primarily use free weights, weight machines, treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike?

None of the resort gyms are particularly amazing, but they all have a similar (albeit small) assortment of the above.

I've used the fitness centers at CR, WL, Yacht & Beach, and BWI. Convenience wise, CR is the best if you are in the tower. Just elevator down. The others I've used require quite a walk to get to, which really isn't an issue for me. I would probably not choose Poly or GF, though, as that fitness center is a WALK from both, outdoors in the elements.

All the gyms are adequate, clean, and comfortable to use.

Disney Goof
12-14-2012, 09:04 AM
The workout facility at AKL is great along with the one at Boardwalk. All the cardio equipment is top of the line Life Fitness stuff.:number1:

JoDisney
12-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Thank you for the responses. From what I understand, POLY does not have a fitness center at the resort. (I do not think he wants to get on the monorail to go to the gym. He wants one in his resort, so he can just use the gym in between going to the parks, etc.) We are down to the WL, Sturdy Branches, which is in the Villas but I understand WL guests may use this. He, also, was thinking of the AKL, as their fitness center is right in the resort.

PETE FROM NYC
12-14-2012, 05:52 PM
You will NEVER find me in a gym, but this past September, my nephew who is 17 going on 35 was at the gym in Contemporary almost every night.

SBETigg
12-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Thank you for the responses. From what I understand, POLY does not have a fitness center at the resort. (I do not think he wants to get on the monorail to go to the gym. He wants one in his resort, so he can just use the gym in between going to the parks, etc.)

I agree it's not the best as far as convenience, but you wouldn't have to take the monorail to get to the fitness center from the Poly. You can walk over to it and it's not that far. It would be just as far to walk to it from the GF monorail station. Though I'm not sure what's going on while the construction is still happening, and there are better choices for now.