PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis Beach Day - Opinions Please!!

wendybird
12-13-2012, 01:20 PM
I want to book my family for the Atlantis Beach Day. I have been to the Atlantis (back when you could walkaround without paying) and I think it is beautiful. We just want a lazy beach day at this safe and beautiful spot. Can anyone tell me how the beach is that they put you on? Is it very crowded with all of the cruise folks there??

JMTStone
12-13-2012, 02:30 PM
We just did this experience in May. We loved it. It was not crowded. There seemed to be hundreds of people signed up for it but they put you on different areas of the beach so it wasn't crowded at all. We walked past 3 different places to eat and chose the third as they had conch fritters and DD20 loves them. The lunch provided was pretty good. We passed the shark pool and even had the opportunity to shop/gamble but did not (although my husband did buy a cigar to enjoy that evening).

The beach was beautiful and peaceful. Like Castaway Cay, they have wait staff to bring you drinks. They have wonderful chairs with and without coverage from sun (I'm Irish and I burn easy even with sunscreen).

Reminder, there is a section where you will be approached right off of Atlantis property to water-ski, jet-ski, etc. These are not Atlantis employees and this is not part of the experience.

We also were able to experience the NOT SO LAZY river.

We're back next may and we plan on booking it again.

The beach experience is lunch and beach. No water park or marine animal experience. So if you just want a day to relax.... I recommend this.