PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mugs-Dare I ask?

Kerry823
12-12-2012, 10:31 PM
I know this can become one of the most heated topics on the boards but this is more of a nostalgia question. Over recent years, Disney has stopped doing refillable mugs that were specific to the resort you were staying in and now have generic ones used all over property. I have old mugs from the All Stars, POP, and Caribbean Beach. Although the mugs have become generic, do you think that they will change the design soon? I think we ended up with the same mugs two years in a row. I enjoy using the old mugs at home....it brings back memories of the specific vacations! :mickey:

DizneyRox
12-13-2012, 07:21 AM
No, they won't..

They save a bundle buying in volume. With the volume higher on one design, that's what we'll get.

For example, say 10 resorts need 100,000 mugs. The price per mug is cheaper when you order 1 million of the same design than if you have 10 orders of 100,000 different ones. You have development costs, test runs, etc associated with each design.

That's why we have Disney Parks now too. Same t-shirt can be sold in Disneyland, Disney World, extras can be shipped overseas and sold in parks in other countries...

buzznwoodysmom
12-13-2012, 08:43 AM
If your asking if I think they will ever go back to resort specific mugs, then no, I don't think they will.

If your just asking if they'll come out with a new design soon, then yes, I think they will.

Based on our trips over the last several years Disney seems to use the same mug design for about two years. The current design came out early in 2011, so it's been around for about 2 years. I am hoping we see a new design sometime in the next few months. We'll be there in early Feb. and I really want a new design. We already have several sets of the current one.