PDA

View Full Version : Engaged!!!

disney obsessed
12-12-2012, 10:20 AM
My daughters and I went to the world for the weekend. We were very excited for our girls away weekend to celebrate the new fantasyland and dd 23rd birthay.

Lets backtrack to Thanksgiving day. DDs DBF asked DH if he could ask DD to marry him. Of course he said yes. The plan started to take shape. I made arrangements for him to fly down to meet us for the christmas party sunday night. It was very difficult to not share this info here on intercot but I could not risk her seeing something.
I also could not share with her sisters because keeping a secret can be hard.

We arrive at the MK at 4. We are supposed to meet DBF at 5. But then he pushed it back to
5:30. Then they started a party in front of the castle at 5:15! By now we are texting like crazy. We finally decide on 6 in front of the castle. During this time the kids are wanting to go on rides, wait in lines, get fast passes and they have no clue I have another agenda. I am being the mean mom, not letting them do what they want, not letting them use my phone and demanding they do what I want to do. We are running from one end of the park to another and they just do not understand. its almost six and we make our way to the castle "to take pictures before the castle changes for the party". The kids are not real happy but are going along with me because they know I am an addict and they are my enablers.

We get to the castle and I start to take pictures and realize the DBF has texted me and pushed it back to 6:15 when the castle changes. I cannot keep this us much longer! I am already panicking and excited and my heart is beating out of my chest. I finally feel a hand on my back and DBF is standing beside me. DD melts as she thinks This is her birthday surprise. I quickly tell DD2 to start taking pictures and DD3 to watch what is going to happen. Soon, DBF is on his knee in front of the castle asking my daughter to marry him! She says yes and the crowd cheers.

After the rush of the moment the kids start saying things like, " mom, i thought you were losing your mind earlier". Because of my behavior but then they knew why I was acting oddly.

Truely magical!

MizMissy
12-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Such a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
12-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Simply magical is right!!!!!

Congratulations to the happy couple, and your whole family!!!:congrats:

A wonderful way to get engaged!!!

Julie:mickey:

disneymom15
12-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Wow, what a wonderful surprise.

SBETigg
12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow, that's wonderful! I really feel for you, though, being the secret keeper and making it all go as smoothly as you could without blowing the plans. Good job! Best wishes to the happy couple.

Dopey's Girl
12-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Aww...that's a really great story! Congrats to the happy couple!

Aurora
12-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Awwwwwwww! So glad the surprise worked! I don't know if I could have made it that long before cracking. The BF must have been a nervous wreck too! Thanks for sharing such a great story.

IwannabeinNarnia
12-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Congrats to the happy couple and to your family! What a wonderful, romantic and magic moment that must have been! And a memory that all of you will have for a lifetime!

minnie04
12-12-2012, 04:28 PM
AWESOME!!!! What a great suprise for your DD. :mickey: Congratulations to DD & DBF !!!

emerzmom
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Truly magical!!! I got chills just reading it. What a great mom and I know it is so hard to keep Disney secrets!
Truly a moment you will all remember forever. Thank you so much for sharing your story!
:tink:
Julie

faline
12-12-2012, 06:15 PM
What a magical, enchanted engagement!!! Glad you survived it!! :marg:

disneymom2000
12-15-2012, 07:55 AM
We were there and witnessed all the excitement. We had dinner at the castle and were waiting for our time so we were just hanging around checking things out. We wondered who the lucky lady was. Congratulations to you for pulling it off and to her for her engagement (in such a perfect fashion). :thumbsup:

disney obsessed
12-15-2012, 06:08 PM
NNNOOO WWWAAAYYY!!!!!!!
That is absolutely amazing soeone saw us!

Thanks for all the congrats.
Anna

RedSoxFan
12-15-2012, 06:37 PM
What a great surprise. Congrats to all.:mickey:

January-2007
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
What a special special proposal! I think you get the award for coolest mom ever for helping your daughter's boyfriend, ahem, fiance, pull that off! Way to go!

WDWFanatic
12-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Aww, so sweet.

dtootsie42
01-06-2013, 01:59 AM
awww....simply magical!!!!

BigRedDad
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Very nice. At least you have a good story about it. My wife screwed hers up and it was the worst.

vizsla
01-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the report.

Wolf
01-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Eeeeeek!!! What a wonderful and happy story!!!!! Congradulations to your daughter and I wish them every happiness!!!! :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Cool

DisneyDawgette
01-11-2013, 11:28 PM
You, ma'am, are truly clever! All worth the craziness, I'm sure! Congrats to your daughter and her new fiancé! :)

Oh, and congrats on your soon-to-be son-in-law! Flying down to WDW to do a surprise proposal is "keeper-worthy" in my book! ;)

MrPeetrie
01-21-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm a 52-year-old man, married with two kids and your story moved me to tears. Thanks for sharing!