PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me something good about

LostBoys
12-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Please tell me something good about ...

.... the All Star Sports Resort

Was able to add an extra day to our upcoming vacation for only $100 but had to move to the all star sports resort. We've (DW & DS 11 years old) have stayed in ASMo twice and last year in ASMu (which I didn't expect to like but it turned out good). They are both not thrilled with the idea of All Star Sports (outside of Football we're not big sports fans) but of course happy and excited to be going. Buses don't matter as we have a car
so please ..... share anything positive you could about the All Star Sports Resort

Thanks!

1DisneyNut
12-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Its basically the same as All Star Movies, just sports theming junk everywhere instead of movie theming. It also shares the same buses.

DisneyWFan
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
We aren't sports fans either & we have stayed there several times & never had any problems. That being said for us a hotel is just a place to crash we don't spend a lot of time at the actual hotel. I would say if you are used to value resorts you will be fine. In my opinion any day in Disney is a good day its all what you make of it.

BigRedDad
12-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Nothing wrong with the resort itself. We stayed there and my DD had a blast, especially at the poolside games. The only issue I have the AS resorts is the bus system.

buzznwoodysmom
12-12-2012, 04:32 PM
If you have enjoyed movies and music there really isn't a reason you won't enjoy sports. We have stayed at all three and they are basically the same. And after all it's just for one night!

Kenny1113
12-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Something good:

Only $100 for the extra night! :thumbsup: :)

LostBoys
12-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks, sounds like all 3 all stars are basically interchangeable

We've also stayed at CB and POR twice but the ability to extend the vacation and having more pocket $ for shopping is attractive. We really don't use the resort amenities at the moderates and find the loud theme of the values a bit whimsical

The values are basically a themed Motel 8 but we're still on property and can can stay in WDW without leaving for 7 days if we choose

Now only 45 days ... and our battle over where our night out for dining will be ;-)

ginny57
12-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Just as a heads up, I stayed there with my DS a few years back in the football area and the mini football field drew a lot of activity. I did find that particular spot a bit noisy so be prepared. That said, an extra day is always a good thing!!

LostBoys
12-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Just as a heads up, I stayed there with my DS a few years back in the football area and the mini football field drew a lot of activity. I did find that particular spot a bit noisy so be prepared. That said, an extra day is always a good thing!!

Thank you, was thinking about requesting football

ginny57
12-15-2012, 12:30 PM
You're welcome. The play on that little field started early and went late - the noise did get to me so thought it was info worth sharing.....

Granny Jill A
12-17-2012, 01:49 PM
You're welcome. The play on that little field started early and went late - the noise did get to me so thought it was info worth sharing.....

We've stayed in the Football section many times, and I always request a room facing the parking lot to reduce the noise mentioned above.

Football is close to the main building and the bus stop if you are using Disney transportation.

Have a great time.

TREECE'S MAGIC
12-18-2012, 05:38 AM
I have stayed at five different resorts in the fifteen trips to the World. I love the All Stars - economical , kid friendly - shared buses is only drawback at end of a long day ( such as close of Illuminations) - but they send extra buses.
Decorations aren't a deal killer - same resort - just different themes. If your room is in the right place you can walk to one of the other All Stars to board the bus, shop, etc.
It's a great value = you will enjoy all of them.
All Star Sports is also the first to unload from the bus. And you can adjust the room temperature , which I discovered to my dismay, is not the case at Pop Century.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-27-2012, 06:03 PM
We have stayed at All Star Sports many, many times and never had an issue. Enjoyed it tremendously. We have 2 boys (8 and 12) and stayed in either Surf or Football building to make the walk to the busses a bit shorter. We joined DVC a few years ago and now stay in Deluxe hotels. My kids keep asking to stay at All Star Sports!! Go figure!

spinnerf
12-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Kids love the values regardless of where IMO. And having a car eliminates the most frustrating aspect of a value...the loooong bus rides. You'll have a blast!!!

DisneyorBust
12-28-2012, 07:39 AM
I have stayed in the Baseball section twice now and will be returning there this spring. Didn't find it to be too noisy. I found the bus system worked quit well overall, we had short waits (for the most part) and never shared a bus with the other All Star resorts. The food court is just ok.
I would seize the opportunity and spend another night in the World!

MarkC
12-28-2012, 09:20 AM
I've actually found the bus service to be better at the All Stars than at some of the deluxe resorts. Since there are more people here they seem to have more busses. I also like their food court. To me, the only downside is the size of the beds (I'm 6'4") and lack of a slide at the pool areas. We are DVC owners at Beach Club but when we're out of points have no problem staying here. We've found some great rates in the past and it's still on property.

SandmanGStefani24
12-30-2012, 12:30 PM
stayed in the baseball section when i was there. can't actually think of one negative thing about it. the room was clean-ish :D, the service was excellent, and i was booked in a room that was close to the parking lot. everything was good. the last remodel was prob mid 1990s as most of the sports athlete photos are pretty dated, but nothing seemed to be in disrepair. woudn't hesitate to stay there again!

grumpypima
01-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I've actually found the bus service to be better at the All Stars than at some of the deluxe resorts. Since there are more people here they seem to have more buses.

We were talking about this on our last too because we thought the buses were great:number1:

My husband also likes the food court at All-Star Sports. My kids like the arcade too.

dixielandings
01-02-2013, 02:48 PM
We've stayed in all the values and always enjoyed them. Where are you moving from on this trip?

It's always relative at WDW. You sound like you have a good perspective - just happy to be there and having a good time for less cash! We are also DVC members now so we're always staying in 1-BR villas. But I'd still stay at the values, just to be there and save the dough!