PDA

View Full Version : 3 Generations Trip - Day 2

sonamae80
12-11-2012, 03:26 PM
If you missed Day 1, check it out here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=196455)

This morning, we slept in a bit! After we got going, we headed to MK and hit up the Main Street Bakery for a late breakfast. We got a cinnamon roll (Delish!), cheese danish (Really good too!), & apple turnover (Meh!). Afterwards, we headed over to check out the New Fantasyland! We meandered through Storybook Circus - very nicely done! Then headed over to check out the area where BOG, the Little Mermaid ride all were! The attention to detail is phenomenal! We were all really pleased with it! The standby for Little Mermaid was 40 minutes, so we decided to come back. We made our first ride be IASM, DD's favorite ride! After that, it was getting close to time for our ADR at Chefs de France, so we made our way to the monorail. Got to Chefs de France just in time, were seated right away! I was hoping and praying that we'd get to see Chef Remy! On our last trip, our ADR was at 5:30 and they told us Chef Remy stopped visiting tables at 5:30! Bummer! So, we ordered and got our food promptly! I had the Lobster Bisque (YUM!), and DM got the French Onion. For our entree's I got the Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich and DM got the Quiche Lorriaine. DD got a pasta dish of some sort. We then ordered our desserts and then DD had to use the restroom. I was beginning to worry that we wouldn't get to see Chef Remy! So, we went to the restroom, then when we came back we saw that Chef Remy had already been to our table! NOOOOOOO!!!!! But the very nice gentleman saw that DD (Ok, saw that I was visably upset!) was upset, so he came back and we FINALLY got to "meet" Chef Remy! It was wonderful and everything I'd...er, I mean DD thought it would be! ;)
After lunch, we decided to utilize the fact that our resort was within walking distance and head back for a quick rest and to change clothes (it was kind of chilly). We headed back to Epcot around 4:00 in order to get in line for our 5:00 Candlelight Processional! I can not say enough wonderful things about this! I still get chills every time I think of it! If you've never done this, please make this a must do (Ha! Disney Must-Do's!)! Neil Patrick Harris was the narrator and was wonderful! I thoroughly enjoyed him and the choirs...wow! They were all so good! I video recorded the Hallelujah Chorus at the end and have watched it repeatedly since then! So amazing!
After that, we decided to head to Karmel Kutchen over in Germany! DM is a carmel lover, so there was some things she wanted to pick up! We got the Carmel Apple Oatmeal Cookie (YUMMY!), Sea Salt Milk Chocolate Carmel (OMG!), Carmel Popcorn (again, OMG!) and a Carmel Pecan Turtle (DM said it was wonderful!).
We decided to head over to Future World to ride Spaceship Earch, DD's favorite ride at Epcot. Afterwards, we grabbed a quick bite to eat at the Electric Umbrella (we split 2 orders of chicken tenders - they were pretty good!). After that, we headed over to the Character Spot and DD got to meet Mickey, Pluto & Minnie with only a 5 minute wait! It was then getting time to grab our seats at the Showcase Plaza for Illuminations. We got front row, y'all! I can't tell you how excited I was about this! However, we didn't consider how cold it was going to be when we dressed ourselves! It was down right chilly! So, off I went to buy DM and I a sweatshirt and bought DD a really soft Mickey blanket! She was so excited about that blanket! Illuminations started! The only way to truly describe it = PURE AWESOMENESS!!!! I stood there, mouth gaped open, chills (from the cold and from the show!), etc. It was amazing!!!!!!!!! Afterwards, it was nice that all the crowds were heading towards us, and we were heading against traffic to get to our resort! We had a nice walk back, and then straight to bed!

Up for tomorrow:
ADR's at O'Hana for breakfast
ADR's at Liberty Tree
MVMCP!!!!!!!

faline
12-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Getting to meet Remy -- :thumbsup:!! You have me missing the Candlelight Processional - our last two December trips have been with a toddler and a pre-schooler so we missed it on both occasions - glad you got to enjoy it!!

A chilly night, new blanket and Fantasmic - great formula for some great family memories!

vizsla
12-12-2012, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the report.

emerzmom
12-19-2012, 08:28 AM
What a great day in EPCOT. Thanks for sharing your trip.
:tink:
Julie

January-2007
12-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks for reporting!

princessgirls
12-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Great day!

The candlelight processional is amazing!!! Gives me chills too!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey: