PDA

View Full Version : Using Disney for decorating

kakn7294
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Our HS Music Department is planning an all-Disney concert at the end of January. The various musical ensembles will all play/sing Disney music and we are planning to serve dessert and coffee and have a basket raffle. We are charging for the event and the raffle. We are going to use the proceeds to help off-set student costs for our upcoming spring trip to WDW. My question is this: are we legally able to use Disney-themed items to decorate? The chorus and orchestra directors feel that we are not allowed because we are charging for the event. I think that we would be able to use them regardless of whether we are charging because we are a non-profit organization and the money is not going to line our pockets - it will be used for the kids (and in fact, be going right back to Disney). I know other organizations have done it but I need to convince them that it's all legal before they'll let me do it.

Strmchsr
12-11-2012, 01:17 PM
As long as you bought the Disney themed stuff and aren't advertising it as a Disney-sponsored event then you should be fine.