PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Animal Kingdom @ Contemporary

Gator
12-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Here's a run down of the good eats at AK during our recent trip, plus our trip to Contemporary after a day at AK.

Flame Tree BBQ This has always been one of our favorites. We love the seating area and the food is always really good. Except this time. The ribs tasted like they'd been cooking since the day before - very dry. The chicken was good, but the beans weren't as good as they've been before. The key lime dessert is always a bonus here.

Tusker House In six previous trips, we've never done this place. We decided to try it since they have Donald's Safari Lunch (we don't do breakfasts at WDW). This place is really good. It has an african flare to it's choices, but not so much that we don't like some of the choices (like at Boma's). Add in a few characters for the kids, including the hard-to-find Daisy, and it's a real winner. I can see us doing Tusker House again.

Chef Mickey's One of our traditions on our first day at AK is to eat our TS at Chef Mickey's after we're done with the park. I can safely say that the food here is never spectacular, but it's adequate. However, the desserts here are really good, and the character interaction is always a lot of fun. Then after the meal, we ride the monorail to T&TC, switch trains, and ride to Epcot. Such a great trip to se Epcot at night from the rail. Then we catch a bus back to the resort from there. This place is a great deal for the DDP, but I don't know if I'd ever pay such a steep price out of pocket. Since we're always on the DDP, though, we'll continue to visit this place.

For snacks, I'll usually get the frozen pineapple bar that you can find just about anywhere. It just seems to taste better at this high temp park.

emerzmom
12-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I love to see all the napkins waving in the air at Chef Mickeys! It always looks fun however that is not on the top of my list for dining.
Tusker House is a place I have never tried. We might have to check that one out.
Thanks!
:tink:
Julie