PDA

View Full Version : Special ink required for printing your name on park tickets

frozman
12-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that as part of the crackdown on selling remaining days on park hoppers, Disneyland wants you to print your name on your 2+ day passes. However, they want a certain kind of ink to be used. I purchased my 3 day ticket at my hotel and then proceeded to write my name on it at the desk with the pen I had just used to sign the credit card slip. Upon entering California adventure today the lady at the turnstile noticed this and had to call a manager over to reprint my ticket so I could use the proper ink. So wait until you are at the turnstile to write your name.

BrerGnat
12-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks for providing that info!

Goofy4TheWorld
12-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Oh my goodness, this is getting ridiculous. The steps they are taking to crack down are getting unbelievable given that they have a perfectly good system at WDW that could solve this problem so much easier.

So have they announced if your name has to be in print or in cursive? :thedolls:

BrerGnat
12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Oh my goodness, this is getting ridiculous. The steps they are taking to crack down are getting unbelievable given that they have a perfectly good system at WDW that could solve this problem so much easier.

They don't want to use WDW's system because that system is flawed. The system of an actual person actually verifying identity with an actual photo ID is the best system there is. Why do you think the TSA uses that same system for airport security, along with every military installation? It's the most secure/foolproof.

If the WDW system actually read and recorded ACTUAL fingerprints, or the shape of a person's cornea, it would work much better, but it doesn't, because that would be some privacy violation or something.

Disneyland has been putting photos on AP holder's cards forever, and recently, they no longer have photos ON the cards, but there is a photo tied to the AP barcode (you have to get your photo taken when you activate the AP), so that when the AP is scanned at the turnstile, the person's photo pops up on a computer terminal. THAT is way more sophisticated than what WDW has for its AP holders.

Goofy4TheWorld
12-11-2012, 12:04 PM
They don't want to use WDW's system because that system is flawed. The system of an actual person actually verifying identity with an actual photo ID is the best system there is. Why do you think the TSA uses that same system for airport security, along with every military installation? It's the most secure/foolproof.

If the WDW system actually read and recorded ACTUAL fingerprints, or the shape of a person's cornea, it would work much better, but it doesn't, because that would be some privacy violation or something.

Disneyland has been putting photos on AP holder's cards forever, and recently, they no longer have photos ON the cards, but there is a photo tied to the AP barcode (you have to get your photo taken when you activate the AP), so that when the AP is scanned at the turnstile, the person's photo pops up on a computer terminal. THAT is way more sophisticated than what WDW has for its AP holders.

Well, I don’t think the fact that the TSA uses it should be a ringing endorsement (given the efficiency of the TSA) and I would imagine that the armed guards as well as the many additional layers of security go a lot further towards discouraging fraudulent entry at military bases more than photo ID.

But your post made me think of something….what about those without photo ID? They most certainly exist, how do they gain entry?

BrerGnat
12-11-2012, 12:34 PM
But your post made me think of something….what about those without photo ID? They most certainly exist, how do they gain entry?

Well, the ID requirement only exists for adults over 18 at this time. So, anyone else does not need one.

Every adult has to have some sort of photo id, be it a state issued id, driver's license, passport, military id, etc. in order to just get by day to day, get a job, collect a paycheck, etc. How would an adult get by without one these days?

As for the TSA...they may not be efficient in all areas of operation, but one thing they do excel at is the portion of the security check where they match up the name on a boarding pass with the corresponding ID.

frozman
12-13-2012, 03:23 AM

So have they announced if your name has to be in print or in cursive? :thedolls:

I don't know if you were being sarcastic with that second part, but it says "print name" on the bottom of your ticket.

Goofy4TheWorld
12-13-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't know if you were being sarcastic with that second part, but it says "print name" on the bottom of your ticket.

Well I was being silly, but very much enjoyed you giving an answer, it was my morning LOL. Thanks!

Every adult has to have some sort of photo id, be it a state issued id, driver's license, passport, military id, etc. in order to just get by day to day, get a job, collect a paycheck, etc. How would an adult get by without one these days?

Simply not true, there are plenty of adults that do not, especially elderly. My grandparents have "No Photo" driver's licenses and have no other form of photo ID, so they can no longer vote (never did anyway) and apparently cannot enter Disneyland either.

BrerGnat
12-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Simply not true, there are plenty of adults that do not, especially elderly. My grandparents have "No Photo" driver's licenses and have no other form of photo ID, so they can no longer vote (never did anyway) and apparently cannot enter Disneyland either.

So, they can't fly either, I suppose?

I guess I just don't understand why not just get a photo ID if you don't have one? It's not hard, and particularly for things like voting, if one feels strongly about that, one should obtain whatever necessary documentation to do so.

Disneyland is private property, and as such, they can make whatever requirements for entry as they see fit. I suppose there must be some protocol for people without a photo ID, but if there isn't, that's that.