PDA

View Full Version : Late June Crowds And Weather

HJL413
12-10-2012, 09:43 AM
It has been a few years between visits and the idea is really percolating. A celebration is coming in late June and now considering a WDW trip. Our prior visits were winter trips and I don't have a realistic frame of reference for late June crowds, weather and park hours. I am thinking days by the pool and nights in the park. I appreciate comments and suggestions as I decide whether to make this family trip a reality.

faline
12-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Crowds are really picking up by time you get to late June. Expect very hot and humid weather with almost daily thundershowers (some intense). Evening park touring might be a very good idea at this time of year.

Strmchsr
12-10-2012, 11:00 AM
:ditto: June weather is easy to forecast - Highs in the 90s, lows in the 70s, 40% chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. The thunderstorms are of the sea breeze variety which means they are generally brief (less than an hour), but, as Linda said, can be quite intense. The heat index is almost always approaching 100 so taking a break in the 1-5 pm time frame is a very good idea.

BigRedDad
12-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Temps: Hot
Humidity: Very high
Showers/Thunder Storms: Almost daily
Crowds: Packed

Aurora
12-10-2012, 03:10 PM
It has been a few years between visits and the idea is really percolating. A celebration is coming in late June and now considering a WDW trip. Our prior visits were winter trips and I don't have a realistic frame of reference for late June crowds, weather and park hours. I am thinking days by the pool and nights in the park. I appreciate comments and suggestions as I decide whether to make this family trip a reality.

If you're seriously thinking about it, you need to prepare yourself for a completely different kind of trip than one in the winter.

Very hot, sticky weather and lots of crowds make for a vacation that requires precision planning to avoid the "man, we're never coming here again at this time of year" feeling.

If you do decide to take the plunge, make this your mantra: Arrive early, break midday. The good thing about summer is that the park hours are longer, allowing for a little more flexibility.

HJL413
12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Not certain whether this trip works. Our prior Disney World trips were spectacular with cooler conditions and no significant crowds. This would be much different. Much to consider before making this decision.

wdwfansince75
12-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Posted this subject frequently....Most of our trips have been mid to late June, and July....only a few days in all those trips when it was too hot, or too wet, or too crowded...Always some place to go, something to do, to get away from it. We have always hopped, and use that to avoid the worst crowds.....We usually stayed Monorail resorts or SoG, or (twice) at FW...Just have to pace yourselves, spend lots of evenings at MK (or EPCOT), and afternoons at the pool. Parks are generally open later, and it is never too cool in the evening. Heat and humidity can be countered by knowing where to get out of the heat..Never had a bad trip.