PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please!!

Cass&KenziesMom
12-10-2012, 12:50 AM
I need a little bit of planning help. We'll be driving in to WDW on Feb. 9th and probably getting there about 1-ish. I've booked BBB for the girls in Downtown Disney @ 3:40 and was planning on heading to MK when we're done. I've decided to upgrade my QS dining so we'll have 1 TS a day so I'm trying to figure out my reservations. So far I have Sci-Fi Dine-In @HS the Monday for lunch. Tues. is Tusker House for breakfast. Wed. we're doing Akershus for dinner. Thurs. we're doing breakfast @ The Crystal Palace and Fri. we're doing lunch at Rainforest. So that leaves me with 2 more TS meals and I don't know how I want to make those. We're only doing Epcot and HS 1 day each so 1 ressie each I think is good. We're doing MK Sat. evening, Sun and Thurs. for Valentines day. I want to at least book The Plaza Restaurant but I'm unsure of which day. Should I just let the girls get a feel for MK Sat. evening and book dinner that night? Or would I be better off Sun. or Thurs.? Sunday is EMH and Thursday is Valentines day. That still leaves me with 1 more TS meal to book. Any suggestions for that? I'm thinking maybe dinner at a resort on Tues. since we're doing AK that day??

Pirate Granny
12-10-2012, 07:52 AM
You could TRY for a dinner reservation at the new Be Our Guest restaurant in fantasyland.

Cass&KenziesMom
12-10-2012, 08:11 AM
You could TRY for a dinner reservation at the new Be Our Guest restaurant in fantasyland.
Already thought of that and it's booked solid the 3 days we'll be in MK which is not surprising. Thanks for that suggestion though!! I went ahead and booked Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary for 8:50 on the day we're doing AK. I'm thinking I may try the Plaza on our first night??? I booked a tentative ADR for 7:45 that night. I'm thinking we'll do BBB @ 3:40 and head to MK and let the girls just take in Main Street, gawk @ the castle for a while and do dinner. We'll be in the car for at least 12 hours so I think we may take it easy the first night. Also this would give us ALL day Sunday to do MK. It's evening EMH so we could go back to the room and grab a nap and go back. It would also leave us open (Besides breakfast at Crystal Palace) for anything special happening at MK on Valentines day. This is the plan in my head so far. That could change by the end of the day if I get enough differing suggestions. LOL

Disneyatic
12-16-2012, 12:53 PM
I love the Plaza Restaurant....but you may want to take a look at the prices and see if it is worth using a TS credit from the dining plan on. Especially if your girls will eat of the children's menu. It might be worth paying OOP and using the credit elsewhere. Maybe the buffet with Cinderella the the Grand Floridian. It's close to MK.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Maybe the buffet with Cinderella the the Grand Floridian. It's close to MK.

It could be a great idea to have dinner at 1900 Park Fare after the BBB - Cinderella and her step-family will make a big deal of the girls, and it could make for some neat pictures. If you want, it is only a quick monorail ride to MK after supper.

If you have a park hopper, I'd try and slip in dinner at Garden Grill, we've had many great meals there. If not, we also enjoyed our meal at Cape May, which could be a good fit for the Thursday.

Cass&KenziesMom
12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
With an appointment at BBB for 3:40 would we have enough time to make it to a 6:15 ADR at 1900 Park Fare???

PETE FROM NYC
12-17-2012, 08:54 AM
The last I heard Rainforest is NOT on the dining plan.

TinkerbellT421
12-17-2012, 09:06 AM
The last I heard Rainforest is NOT on the dining plan.

As of 2012 Rainforest and T-Rex are on the dinning plan. We ate there Thursday (TRex) and they asked us if we were on the dinning plan, but we weren't.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2012Dining.pdf

March Hare
12-17-2012, 12:46 PM
As of 2012 Rainforest and T-Rex are on the dinning plan. We ate there Thursday (TRex) and they asked us if we were on the dinning plan, but we weren't.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2012Dining.pdf

actually according to the 2013 dining plan both T-Rex and The Rainforest Cafe are included

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2013Dining.pdf:thumbsup:

Cass&KenziesMom
12-17-2012, 01:07 PM
We were planning on doing Rainforest even if it wasn't on the plan. :mickey:

AgentC
12-17-2012, 03:17 PM
With an appointment at BBB for 3:40 would we have enough time to make it to a 6:15 ADR at 1900 Park Fare???

If you are driving, it should not be a problem. My daughter has very long hair. It took approximately 1 hour for her appointment. Even if your appointment runs over, there should be plenty of time.

If you are taking the buses, it should still be okay but there is always the potential for a bus delay which could make you late.

Cass&KenziesMom
12-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks Cindy! Now I have to decide if we want that extra dose of princess Sat. since we will be doing Akershus for dinner Wed. I'm sure my girls won't mind it but do I want to subject the hubby to it. LOL

AgentC
12-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks Cindy! Now I have to decide if we want that extra dose of princess Sat. since we will be doing Akershus for dinner Wed. I'm sure my girls won't mind it but do I want to subject the hubby to it. LOL

I've done both meals. Even though they both are princess meals they are very different.

Akerhaus has an assortment of 4 princesses who come to the table and the photo with Belle at the beginning of the meal. There is usually a parade with the princesses as well.

1900 Park Fare has Cinderella, her Prince and her step sisters. When we were there , Lady Tremaine was there but I heard somewhere that she is no longer at the meal. I am not sure if that is true or a rumor.

Cinderella and the Prince both dance with the kids and the step sisters are very funny. Since it is a different experience your husband might enjoy it.