PDA

View Full Version : Air Tran???

CuteAsMinnie
12-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi All,

We usually fly Southwest but since their current prices for summer 2013 are insane and they acquired AirTran, we thought we'd check them out. Airfare is definitely less $$ but then there is the fee for checked luggage.

Has anyone flown AirTran??

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks!:mickey:

forever a child
12-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Yes, we have flown AirTran when they first arrived in Lexington, KY airport. We flew direct from Lexington to Orlando for our May 2010 WDW Trip. It was decent flight, on time. No problems and cheap rates. We ship most of our stuff so we only had one carry on each...plus it was May, so no bulky heavy clothes were needed. Therefore, the carry on worked fine for us with out having to pay for extra luggage.
I would use them again if the rates were cheap and the flight times worked.

hoop de do
12-07-2012, 08:21 PM
We use AirTran all the time and have no problems. We fly from Pittsburgh to Orlando (non-stop). I think you'll be pleased. Keep checking their rates. I usually do better on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as far as getting good rates. Hope I helped and have a great vaca. :thumbsup:

chefmickey3
12-07-2012, 09:51 PM
We flew Air Tran in October from Philly to MCO. It was a great flight. They even hussled to get us back on Sunday as Hurricane Sandy was baring down on the East Coast. Great service for a great price!