PDA

View Full Version : How would you dress arrival day?

rnin02
12-07-2012, 01:02 PM
So here's my scenario: Leaving from a cooler area on Monday, forecasted to be 45-50 degrees when we get to our home airport (5 am or so). When we arrive at MCO it looks like it will be into the 70s and climbing to a high of 80. We currently plan on grabbing our bags, grabbing our rental car and going straight to Disney Studios, and checking into our hotel after Fantasmic. My DH is absolutely obsessed with not over packing...to the point he was telling me at dinner last night I have to make cuts in what I am packing, and I haven't even started packing yet, lol! I am trying to be very conscious at not over packing, but this time of year seems tricky!

So I am trying to figure out how we should dress for the trip there...tshirts, hoodies, shorts and run for the terminal (we will get dropped off right at the airport)? Pants, coats, l/s shirts and ditch stuff in the car once we get to the park? Pack warm weather stuff in the carry-on so its easy to grab and change at the park? Keep in mind I have a 4 year old who doesn't seem to get cold. Or hot for that matter if you ask him...he's just weird, lol.

I know I am over thinking, but I just can't make up my mind what's easiest. Thanks!

faline
12-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I might wear capris; a short sleeve shirt and hoodie on the way down. You can ditch the hoodie when you arrive (though the evening might still be cool enough that you might be glad you had it).

For your little one, you might dress him in pants; short sleeve and hoodie with a change into a pair of shorts when you arrive - clothes that size don't take up a lot of room!

lawgirl
12-07-2012, 01:29 PM
I know me too! What to pack...ugh. I think we are going for layers...lightweight pants (like khakis and yoga pants) tank top base layer, long sleeve shirt on top, with lightweight jackets.

I'm bringing some sandals for WDW, but wearing my TOMS for the plane.

My 2YO has some cool convertible pants that are long, but can roll up and snap to turn into longer shorts.

BigRedDad
12-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Shorts, shirt, and flip-flops (sneakers if I was going to a park at arrival). I do not get cold until it hits the 30s. 40+ is shorts with a sweatshirt maybe. We went one time from NC and it was a light snow. The Skycap thought I was crazy. It was low 80s when we arrived in Orlando.