PDA

View Full Version : 3 Generations Trip - Day 1/Travel Day

sonamae80
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
I have been so excited about this trip! It is a complete surprise to my DD!

Cast:
DD - Shelby, 6 years old, 4th trip to WDW
Me - Sonya, 32 years old, 10th trip to WDW
DM - Yaya (my Mom), undisclosed age, and way too many trips to WDW to count!

Details:
Staying at Boardwalk Villas in a studio room with a view of the Quiet pool. 6 day Park-Hopper passes, plus going to MVMCP on Thursday, 11/29.

So, like I said, this trip was to be a complete surprise to my DD. My DM and I, accompanied by my Dad and husband, drove to DD's school to pick her up! She was in the library, so I snuck in and asked her to follow me! We went to the restroom to change her clothes (she wears uniforms to school), and all the time she's asking me what we're doing! I can tell she's kind of nervous/anxious, but really excited! Her teachers knew about it all and were so excited for her, which made me so happy! :) We go outside and get in the car and she sees who all is in the car! I tell her that we are going on a special trip and that where we are going, requires us to get there on an airplane! She starts smiling really big and getting really excited! She says she can't wait to tell her friends about riding on a plane for the first time!
So, we get to CLT airport around 11:30, our flight to MCO leaves around 1:30. We had paid our baggage fee and checked in online already! So, we take our bags to the USAir counter, have them weighed (both were under!), and then off to security! The TSA agents were so sweet to DD, talking to her, asking where she was going, and loving the fact that it was a surprise trip! We get through security (love that DD didn't have to take off her shoes!), I go through the whole body scanner (strange, but not too bad), and off we go to our gate! It was getting time for lunch by this time, so we let DD decide where to go! She chose pizza, so we head to Sbarro! She and I split a piece of pizza and a small bowl of pasta, DM had some pizza that had broccoli on it (she wasn't crazy about that). After lunch, it was time to head to our gate to begin boarding!
At this point, DD notices that we are going to Orlando, FL! She pauses, looks at DM and I, and starts freaking out! She says, "I KNOW WHERE WE'RE GOING!!! WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY...BECAUSE DISNEY IS IN FLORIDA!"! (Did I mention my 6 year old, 1st grader is smart?! ;) ) We board the plane and found our seats! I had already picked out our seats online, so we found them with no problems!
The flight was pretty un-eventful! It was dreary and cloudy in CLT, so we didn't get any pretty views of the sky on our flight. The only problem we had was the decent. DD complained of her ears really hurting! So, we sipped on water and we yawned to try and help her ears pop. Once we landed, she said it was much better! We arrived in MCO around 2:45. We made the seemless trek through MCO and down to DME, got checked in and had to wait about 15 minutes for our bus. After another 15 minute wait on the bus, we were off to WDW! This is our first expreience on DME and it was flawless! Our driver was friendly, and our ride was very nice!
We arrived at BWV around 4:00 and we got to check in and head to our room! We stopped at the Concierge desk to get our Park Hoppers added to our KTW cards, then checked out our room! BWV was a little confusing at first, but we quickly got the hang of it! Our room was real close to the stairs, so we used them a lot! We were also a short walk to the bus stop! Around 5:00, we decided to head on over to DTD for our 6:20 ADR's at Fulton's Crabhouse. We were starving so we went on to Fulton's to see if we could go ahead and be sat! They were more than willing, so we were sat and ordering by 5:30, just as the sun was setting! Beautiful sunset! :) I had the fried seafood platter (with shrimp, cod & scallops), DM had the crabcakes and DD had plain butter pasta with parmesean cheese! The seafood platter was good...nothing to write home about. DM's crabcakes were amazing!!! And DD ate all of her pasta, so I can only assume she loved it (that or she was just that hungry!). DM and I had 2 of their signature drinks - the Peach Sangria was really good, and the Pomegranate Margarita was so good!!!!
After our dinner, we decided to walk a little and do some shopping! DD wanted to go to the Lego store to see if she could pick out a few things that she wanted to ask Santa for! After that, we headed to Ghiradelli for some ice cream (YUM!), then to the bus stop to go back to the room! Once we arrived, we were glad to see that our luggage had arrived, so while DD hung out watching TV, DM and I unpacked. DD was exhausted (as were DM and I), so we got her ready for bed and got her tucked in! She was out like a light at 9:00!
Up for tomorrow:
DD has chosen to start our trip out at MK. We have ADR's at Chefs de France with the Candelight Processional package at 5:00. We will probably get a QS somewhere at Epcot, then watch Illuninations from the World Showcase Plaza premium seating area! I can't wait!

faline
12-07-2012, 11:31 AM
What a fun way to start your trip! You also had a lovely arrival day! I'm not surprised your daughter was so tired at the end of the day!!

Dopey's Girl
12-07-2012, 12:31 PM
What a fun day for your DD! I love hearing about surprise trips.

Off to a great start. Can't wait to read more!

vizsla
12-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the report.

January-2007
12-09-2012, 10:29 PM
What a wonderful surprise! Thanks for reporting!

SBETigg
12-11-2012, 04:21 PM
What an exciting first day! Yes, the plane ride can be killer on the ears. I'm glad it wasn't too bad for her after all. But of course, she was headed to WDW, well worth it.

emerzmom
12-18-2012, 11:12 AM
What a great surprise for your daughter!
:tink:
Julie