PDA

View Full Version : Christmas tree in room

mouseketeer mom
12-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Flying down, so packing one is not an option! What's the best way to get a little tree for our room?

faline
12-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Can you ship one ahead of time? You can get one from Disney Florist but it's quite pricey.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-06-2012, 09:14 PM
You could order one from somewhere like Wal-Mart and have it delivered. They have cute, small ones that aren't too expensive!

The Disney Florist ones are great, but NOT cheap!

buzznwoodysmom
12-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Lisa,

A friend of mine flew to WDW for Christmas a few years ago. She mailed a few boxes filled with her tree and other decorations ahead of her. The resort held the boxes for the day or two until she arrived. You could do just like you do when you ship all your goodies home from your trips, just in the opposite direction!

forever a child
12-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Shipped mine a few years back with some other items a week before my arrival.

Kplaster
12-06-2012, 10:00 PM
We put christmas trees in both of our rooms every year. It's nice to see the kids faces when they see them when they walk by. We have shipped them down ahead of time and they have been at the front desk when we got there or like we are doing this year we get a cab and go to walmart to get one. It's not far and we can also grab a few supplies we need.

IloveJack
12-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Those of you who buy one at Walmart, or the like, what do you do with it when you leave? Just curious.

Kplaster
12-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Sometimes we will ship our tree home but sometimes we leave a note and leave it for one of the cleaning crew. We figure that way it will go to use hopefully to someone who really needs it.

sportsguy2315
12-07-2012, 11:44 AM
You can get a Charlie Brown style tree on Amazon for $20. Have it shipped to the resort and you're good to go!

mouseketeer mom
12-07-2012, 01:17 PM
You can get a Charlie Brown style tree on Amazon for $20. Have it shipped to the resort and you're good to go!

Andy! Awesome idea!! I can get a four foot pre lit somewhat decorated tree for a song. Literally a fifth of the price of Disney Florist. Yay!!! Gonna ship it to resort!! Didn't even think about Amazon. And I don't care about leaving it behind., it's so inexpensive. Wonderful idea, thank you!

Dsnygirl
12-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Andy! Awesome idea!! I can get a four foot pre lit somewhat decorated tree for a song. Literally a fifth of the price of Disney Florist. Yay!!! Gonna ship it to resort!! Didn't even think about Amazon. And I don't care about leaving it behind., it's so inexpensive. Wonderful idea, thank you!

That's exactly what we did - and we had fun making a tree skirt from Disney fabric @ JoAnn Fabrics! We brought down some cute ornaments and then bought new Mickey ones there that we could then ship home, or pack gently in our carry-ons for the trip home, and have as a permanent keepsake. :tree:

We also made a Mickey wreath for the window - SO easy! One large evergreen wreath, two smaller ones wired on for the ears, a red bow at the bottom and some lights... "folds" easily b/c of the wiring, and lays flat in the bottom of your suitcase... and so pretty hangingn on the window!! (Don't forget suction cup hangers for it! :))