PDA

View Full Version : Kids Sail Free From Miami

coloradowendyl
12-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Disney Cruise LineŽ is celebrating its inaugural season in Miami with a special Kids Sail Free offer! Choose from 4-night Bahamian cruises or 5-night Western Caribbean cruises with most itineraries including a stop at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.

Offer Details
Kids 17 and under sail FREE when traveling with two full-fare Guests in the same stateroom in Categories 4A - 11B on most Miami sailings Jan. 14 - Feb. 25, 2013.

Offer applies only to stateroom categories 4A - 11B. Excludes suites, category 11C staterooms and GTY categories with restrictions (IGT, OGT and VGT). The number of staterooms allocated for this offer is limited.

Stateroom accommodations for four or more Guests are limited and based on availability at the time of booking. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.

Contact Magical Journeys Today!

Wendy

Trev&Ev Mom
12-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Can offer be combined with DVC points? We are traveling mid Feb. My reservation is on points, my husband is full fare and I paid for each of my two kids (12 and 8). Just wondering...

Tink1
12-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Can offer be combined with DVC points? We are traveling mid Feb. My reservation is on points, my husband is full fare and I paid for each of my two kids (12 and 8). Just wondering...

Hopefully a DVC member will see this post, but if not just call DVC and ask them.

Nanc

Trev&Ev Mom
12-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the quick answer Nancy. I'm sure there's some rule somewhere in the fine print that says no, but its worth a phone call tomorrow.

VWL Mom
12-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Sorry, I can't find an answer for you regarding DVC points. Hopefully, you'll be able to use them.

If not, I'm thinking though if the price of your two kids added together is less than the fare your DH is paying you would probably benefit by paying full fare for you (if DVC points aren't allowed) and DH and having both kids free. You'd then have your points to use elsewhere.

Please let us know how you make out tomorrow.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-25-2012, 07:05 PM
I will!! Thanks!

VWL Mom
12-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Sorry, I can't find an answer for you regarding DVC points. Hopefully, you'll be able to use them.

If not, I'm thinking though if the price of your two kids added together is less than the fare your DH is paying you would probably benefit by paying full fare for you (if DVC points aren't allowed) and DH and having both kids free. You'd then have your points to use elsewhere.

Please let us know how you make out tomorrow.

Update:

Two things I ran into which may apply even though they're from a few years back.
1 Free kids was treated as free dining and was not allowed using points
2 If you changed you cruise res to take advantage of free kids, your points from the cancelled cruise could be used only for another cruise and nothing else.

Can't wait to see what they have to say tomorrow.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Thank you!! I will post results tomorrow right after I call DVC.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Just got off the phone with DVC. Unfortunately, no, I cannot keep my reservation as points, husband on fulll fare and my kids sail free. Just like Lynn said, DVC doesn't have the same promotions that are offered to cash customers (kids sail free, free dining, etc). I could convert my ressie to cash and save the points, but they would have to be used before the end of my use year which is June 2013. As much as I would like to go on two cruises in 3 months, I just don't think that will happen.