PDA

View Full Version : Never hurts to put in a room request

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-05-2012, 10:58 AM
When we booked our package thru MJ, we did simply a basic room package, knowing that with 5 we'd be placed in the Alligator Bayou section of POR.

Two days before we went down I sent a fax to the resort requesting (and emphasing in my fax that I knew it to be only a request) that we'd like building 18 and preferably a corner room with an inside view.

When I checked in (on-line checkin) the CM made a comment that "I see you made a room request" but noted I did not pay for a preferred building or room. She said "you been upgraded". So it was a nice way to start our vacation.

I said "any chance I can get upgraded to the Poly?". A nice smile and a chuckle was what I got and all that I expected.

But as I said, it never hurts to ask or put in a request, all they can do is say no, which would have been fine too.

Kplaster
12-05-2012, 11:29 AM
We are about to do the same thing. We head down in 8 days and staying at POR. We have two rooms and we like to have them together so that we dont have to leave our rooms in the morning just open the adjoining door to see when everyone is ready to go and share stuff like hairdryers and what not. So i'm hoping they like us when we get there and give us rooms together.

barnaby
12-05-2012, 12:57 PM
We had a similiar experience at Pop this past August. Our MJ agent Wendy made a room request for us for the 50s building. When we checked in we got upgraded from standard view to first floor corner room right at the pool.

mechanic
12-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Always ask for what you want. We've always gotten first floor rooms near laundry. (Andpool)

angedeaile
12-18-2012, 11:39 AM
It doesn't hurt to request, but never get your hopes up. I stayed at POP when I was 6 months pregnant this past April. I put in a request for a room on the bottom floor and close to a parking lot. I ended up on a top floor, furthest building at the resort, and pretty far from a parking lot. The top floor room was also on the far end corner of the building, so the elevator was a decent walk. It was a bummer, but I knew a request wasn't a guarantee.

Gator
12-20-2012, 04:50 PM
It doesn't hurt, but so far in my 7 trips, it never helps either.

WhiteRose1
01-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I have found that sometimes the more you request the less likely you are to get any of them. It turns into Goldilocks!

I host a vendor fair for my company, and most of my vendors request one or two things, and provide a quick reason. Like "Need electricity to display my lamps." Makes sense! "Near door -vendor walks with a cane.' request accepted!

One vendor made the following request:

Please place me where I do not have to bring my items far into the building, they are heavy and I dislike using my handtruck, requires good lighting but not in bright sunlight, no drafts (please do not put me near a door), please do not put me where it is very warm, also needs electrity to power my ipod so I can listen to music, also I must have a corner spot with three chairs, and no dark table linens.

Several of those requests are impossible to grant at the same time! too warm, too cold, near the door but not near the door.. Wha?

She got dark green table linens, in the middle of three vendors, in the sunlit bright entry way near the drafty door...with no outlets...but I got her three chairs and she was near the entryway!!

Personally I like to limit my suggestions to 1-2.
I like high floors, so that that is all I ask for. If the hotel has a high occupancy, it is less likely to be granted....but yes, it does not hurt to ask for 1-2 things!