PDA

View Full Version : Water Bottle on Flight?

divinedi
12-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Going to DW on Saturday!!! I'm so excited:cloud9:, four more days of work are going to draaaaaag lol.

My question: I want to bring an empty water bottle through security and fill it up past security and bring it on the plane, is this possible? Don't like buying bottiles of water, but I will if I have to, don't want to lose my water bottle either.....

Thanks!!

VWL Mom
12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Make sure it's nice and dry and you'll have no problem getting it through security (I usually leave the cap off). Then you're free to fill it once through.

Have a wonderful trip!

divinedi
12-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Thank you!! Figured it was possible, will do what you suggest, dry and cap off. :thumbsup:

lindique
12-04-2012, 08:59 AM
I do this all the time. I recommend bringing a Brita bottle, which has a filter in the cap.

I put the bottle in a plastic zip-top bag, so it doesn't get filthy in the security tray.

BrerGnat
12-04-2012, 09:22 AM
You really don't need to stress about the bottle being dry.

I always travel with water bottles. I typically just chug or dump the water immediately before I get to security. I've even dumped the water out IN the trash bin they have set up to do so at the checkpoint. My water bottle is always wet and it has never even come up as an issue. I keep it inside whatever carryon backpack/tote I am using. No need to do anything special with it.

divinedi
12-05-2012, 08:59 PM
All good news, thanks so much!!:number1: