PDA

View Full Version : Good Ole Summertime, Any Particular Week?

mickeys_princess_mom
12-03-2012, 02:55 PM
We're planning our 35th anniversary trip. :fworks:Since we expect a new grandbaby in early June, looks like we may need to do our celebrating in mid-to-late July or August. Later on I'll be needed to watch both babies:cloud9:....So--not ideal time, but doable. :mickey:Is there any week that traditionally is better (or worse) to go during those two months?...Crowdwise, events? What are your thoughts?
:thanks:
:baby::baby:

VWL Mom
12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
We've found that either of the last 2 weeks of August, after many southern schools are back in session, are not bad. The 3rd week is slightly more crowded than the 4th but very doable. For the last 2 years the 4th week had hurricane threats so we're planning on the 3rd week again for 2013.

mickeys_princess_mom
12-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Ugh! I wasn't even thinking about hurricane season! And I'm from Louisiana! I hate that wondering and watching the Weather Channel!

faline
12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
As late into the month of August as possible has the lowest crowds. I wouldn't worry too much about the hurricane issue although it is always a possibility. After all, we just went late October/early November for the Intercot meet and barely missed Sandy!!!

mickeys_princess_mom
12-04-2012, 10:01 PM
As late into the month of August as possible has the lowest crowds. I wouldn't worry too much about the hurricane issue although it is always a possibility. After all, we just went late October/early November for the Intercot meet and barely missed Sandy!!!

Thanks, I would not be worried about it there, but if one was headed our way at home, that would be a problem. I think we're going to try to take advantage of a pin code, and go mid August... Late August is pushing it pretty close to when my daughter-in-law has to go back to work. That's if the baby doesn't decide to put in an early appearance. ;)