PDA

View Full Version : Large family accomadations

twostep
12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Please recommend resorts for a family of 6. Last time I visit WDW was in 2006 and we were just a family of 3. I would prefer to stay onsite. The plan is to visit early December next year.

TIA :thumbsup:

brownie
12-03-2012, 02:14 PM
:welcome:

twostep, welcome to INTERCOT!

What is your budget range? Are you looking for a value, moderate, or deluxe resort? How many adults (18+) and how many kids will be going? Some more information would be helpful in making some recommendations.

Two connecting rooms at a value resort would probably be the most economical option. A family suite at All-Star Music or the new Art of Animation resort would be another option. You could also look at a Fort Wilderness cabin.

faline
12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Welcome to Intercot!! :mickey:

On a budget, I'd certainly consider adjoining rooms at a value resort - for that, you get two bathrooms - certainly a welcome amenity for a large group!!

You could also consider renting points from a vacation club owner and getting a 2 bedroom accommodation. The Time Share Store (Intercot sponsor) could help you arrange this.

Steve's suggestions are also good options.

stephicakes
12-04-2012, 07:40 AM
:welcome:
Our only experience with larger accommodations are at deluxe resorts - we rent DVC points which works great for us. We stayed in a 2 bdrm villa at OKW (7 of us) as well as a 2 bdrm villa at BC (6 of us) and we loved all the space. The kitchen is wonderful to have if you plan on having groceries and meals in the room, and the washer & dryer right in the room are awesome!

I'm sure more posters will come along with other suggestions! Happy planning! :D

steph

Janmac
12-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

Highly recommend that you use Magical Journeys (link in Sponsors column to the left) to help with your room(s) choices and bookings.

Unless renting points from a vacation club owner (DVC) is affordable. A 2 bedroom villa is the optimum! But Magical Journeys can't help with DVC. :(

Jan