PDA

View Full Version : WDW and then to Miami for Cruise

Trev&Ev Mom
12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
We will be staying at WDW for 3 days prior to our Disney Wonder cruise from Miami in February. We have rented a car from Alamo, picking it up on Friday afternoon from the Dolphin (staying at Beach Club) and then driving to Miami early Saturday morning for the cruise. The car is being returned to Miami Airport and I guess we'll take a cab to the Port.

Has anyone done anything like this before? We've cruised before but from Port Canaveral and taken Magic Express. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are flying home from Fort Lauderdale Airport. I'm thinking we'll take a cab from the Port to the airport as well. Again, any suggestions would be most appreciated!!! Thanks in advance and looking forward to responses!!

DizneyRox
12-03-2012, 12:03 PM
For our wedding, we drove from WDW to Ft Lauderdale for a cruise. It was a long drive! Florida roads are very straight and very boring. But it was an easy drive.

I've been using towncar/limo services lately for travel on vacation. I hate driving in touristy places. Too many people not knowing where they are goin.

JMTStone
12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
We will be in the same situation in April as we are flying into SOMEWHERE (likely West Palm Beach) then picking up a rental. We will then pick up the in-laws then drive up to Vero Beach for a few days. Then we drop them back off at West Palm. Then somehow we have to get to Miami. And no.... I don't want my father in law to drive us down.

I know Disney is selling transportation to and from the Miami airport...

I'm wracking my brain on this.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Not 100% sure, but Ft. Lauderdale airport seems awfully close to Miami airport. Why can't they offer transfers from both? We live close to MacArthur airport on Long Island and Southwest doesn't fly to Miami from here. We would have to drive to NYC to catch a flight to go to Miami. Not fun. Would make sense if both airports are so close to offer transfers from both.

Love the car service idea but its $400 from Orlando to Miami. The car is costing me $60 with unlimited miles. I will just have to add the gas. That's a big difference! Would just be super easy to drop the car at Ft. Lauderdale airport, take ME to port and then back. When I called Disney to ask about transfers from FL, they said they are putting callers on a "wait list" and they are looking into the possibilities. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed until then!

sara114
12-07-2012, 01:43 AM
I am flying into Fort Lauderdale airport on Saturday , Feb 2, 2013. We have arranged for private car for transportation from our hotel (staying 2 days prior to cruise) to the port and a return trip to Ft. Lauderdale airport after the cruise. We have 7 people and we got a deal for $144 total cost. I would check the price of taxi or shuttle, but depending on the number of people you will have, the cost will vary. It was less expensive for us to get a private car service.

I don't know where you are getting the rental car from, but some of the rental services have drop off at the cruise port.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks Sara...

GOOD NEWS!! I called Alamo and they do have a shuttle from the car rental drop off to the Port of Miami. Perfect!! Solved that problem!!

I also called Disney and they will only be offering transfers from the Miami airport. Odd, since both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale airports are so close to the Port.