PDA

View Full Version : DLR trip - Thoughts on Dining

Mary Chase
12-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Just a few comments on DLR dining - our first trip 11/23-12/1. A few of our favorites:

Red Rocket Pizza Port - loved the pasta (chicken fusilli). Pizza was great too - probably our favorite of all on the property.

River Belle Terrace - sandwiches were good - a good change from burgers, chicken fingers. Split the turkey sandwich with my son and my other son had the kids' pasta. Husband had the roast beef sandwich. Sandwiches were large and filling.

Lucky Fortune at DCA - had chicken teriyaki - husband had Spicy Korean Beef. Both of us really liked it. It was so filling I did not need to have dinner later that night.

Pacific Wharf - kids split roast beef sandwich - perfect for the two of them.

Plaza Inn - at here twice - loved the fried chicken! After first visit realized we could share dinners b/c there was so much food. My son also had the pasta that had an alfredo sauce - he liked it but it was too much for him.

That's all that really stuck out in my memory - wish I had taken more notes. I do have to say though - the dining at DLR is MUCH better than at WDW - so much more variety. Not so much for the little kids - but for adults, it is a lot better.

DisneyGlutton
12-02-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm glad that you enjoyed the dining at DLR, but I respectfully disagree that the variety is better than at WDW. I mean, the variety at Epcot's World Showcase alone beats DLR imho

IwannabeinNarnia
12-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Sounds like some good meals.. I also loved the fried chicken at the plaza! Disneyland does have some really good places to choose from.

BrerGnat
12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
I agree that Disneyland has better food (i.e. more variety) than WDW.

Glad you had a good first visit!

Mary Chase
12-03-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm glad that you enjoyed the dining at DLR, but I respectfully disagree that the variety is better than at WDW. I mean, the variety at Epcot's World Showcase alone beats DLR imho

I can understand that opinion... I guess we just never really eat at the CS places in World Showcase (primarily b/c of the kids - they are picky). I guess I was thinking more of the CS at MK and DHS. We did really miss Flame Tree BBQ at AK this time too.

BrerGnat
12-04-2012, 09:46 AM

Gonna respectfully disagree.

DLR has many things that you can't find at WDW. I'd say as far as "variety" goes, it's a draw. However, as far as quality goes, DLR wins, particularly in their CS locations and the quality of food available at Downtown Disney.

Just look at this list:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/list/

There is no shortage of variety here at all. I actually prefer the food offerings at DLR overall, compared to WDW. I've been to both resorts MANY times.

bruin1344
12-05-2012, 01:16 PM

I agree WDW has better variety than DLR.

I am happy Mary had a good luck with the food but I felt WDW blows away DLR with food. I had good counter services at DLR but I did not find a decent table service restaurant at DLR for under $30 a plate. Even Disney workers admitted WDW had better food than DLR when we asked them for decent restaurants.