PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Evening Check-In

ImagiAsh
11-30-2012, 08:43 AM
I have been in the process of arranging a family vacation for a party of 16 to Disney World in January. Now that I have all of the rooms situated and everyone has officially booked their flights, I'm just about to start making the Magical Express reservations for everyone. My aunt and uncle are arriving to MCO at around 10PM at night and will be boarding Magical Express back to the resort. My question is this: Magical Express has a luggage drop off of up to three hours after you arrive at the resort. Is there really the chance that someone will be knocking on their door at 1AM to deliver luggage? Is there a way around this wait? They have already told me that they did not have great luck with Magical Express on their last trip and I want to make sure that this time around goes as smoothly as possible. I think they'd rather just carry their luggage onto the bus and carry it off. Is that a possibility? Thanks! :mickey:

wolfhog
11-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Yes they can collect their luggage and bring it on the ME. I believe after 10pm that you have to anyway. Just make sure NOT to attach the yellow tags to the luggage. Enjoy!

faline
11-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Magical Express luggage service is only available for arrivals up until 10 p.m. For arrivals after 10 p.m., folks need to pick up their own luggage and bring it on the bus with them.

Even if their arrival is slightly before 10 and they do not want to wait up for luggage delivery, I'd suggest they not use the Magical Express tags and collect their own luggage.

For airport arrivals after 10:00PM, guests may collect their luggage at baggage claim and transport it with them on the motorcoach.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-02-2012, 06:01 PM
We have arrived at MCO around 8:30pm and had ME deliver our bags. They arrived around 1am at the hotel. My kids and husband fell asleep and I waited up for the bags. Slightly inconvenient, but still pretty easy. After getting off plane, we hopped on ME, checked into hotel, ate dinner on the Boardwalk and walked around before going to sleep. I'd rather get in some "Disney" time rather than waiting at the baggage carousel. But that's just me...