PDA

View Full Version : Flower & Garden Festival 2013 details announced

Christine
11-26-2012, 06:11 PM
From Orlando sentinel :

Looks like they're adding food stands!
And NO Staying Alive?! :(

"Disney World has released details about its upcoming Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, which will feature topiaries and other attractions based on "Phineas & Ferb," "Monsters University," "Cars 2," "Oz: The Great and Powerful" and more. The 20th annual festival, which runs March 6 to May 19, will add special food kiosks in World Showcase and add the Village People to its Flower Power concert series for the first time.

The front-gate topiary will have a cookout theme with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and a 14-foot tall Goofy with an anniversary cake. Some topiaries and gardens will get a new prime-time, after-dark enhancement called Illuminated Gardens.

A "Radiator Springs" interactive play zone that will include Lightning McQueen and Mater topiaries will be set up near Test Track. Floral likenesses of Mike and Sully of "Monsters Inc." fame will be set up in Future World, a tied to the film "Monsters University," set to debut in June. The Land of Oz play area will include Oz's crashed hot-air balloon and plants inspired by the Oz movie, which opens in March. Phineas and Ferb will be installed behind Spaceship Earth.

Epcot chefs are preparing exclusive menu items to be sold at stops around World Showcase. The items were not announced.

HGTV personalities again will host seminars on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during the event. First up with be Chris Lambton of "Going Yard."

The lineup for the Flower Power concert series includes Micky Dolenz (March 6-10), Chubby Checker and the Wildcats (March 15-17), The Guess Who (March 22-24), Nelson (March 29-31), The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddy (April 5-7), Paul Revere & the Raiders (April 12-14), Village People (April 19-21), The Orchestra (former members of ELO and ELO II on April 26-28), first-time Flower Power performer Tommy Roe (May 3-5), Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone (May 10-12) and Starship starring Mickey Thomas (May 17-19)."

Christine
11-26-2012, 10:25 PM
ETA: I was incorrect- Stayin' Alive Canafa is at Sounds like Summer concert series, NOT Flower
Power. They will be there this summer, as the band was nice enough to answer me in Facebook! I guess I just wanted them to be here sooner. GREAT band! GREAT music!

Dopey's Girl
11-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks Christine! I can't wait. I love Flower and Garden.

I think I get to tag along on a work trip with my best friend (don't get to stay in Disney, but for a free room, food and rental car, I'm in!) at the end of April. She's never been in spring, so I can't wait to show her Epcot all decorated and beautiful.

Melanie
11-27-2012, 08:31 AM
ETA: I was incorrect- Stayin' Alive Canafa is at Sounds like Summer concert series, NOT Flower
Power. They will be there this summer, as the band was nice enough to answer me in Facebook! I guess I just wanted them to be here sooner. GREAT band! GREAT music!

Crisis averted. ;) Yes, that was definitely summer when they were there. HOT!

c&d
11-27-2012, 09:24 AM
:sad: We're leaving the day the Village People play.

emerzmom
11-27-2012, 05:31 PM
We will be there for Mickey Dolenz! :mickey:
Thanks for the scoop!
:tink:
Julie

Melanie
11-27-2012, 05:44 PM
So thinking a little more about this and reading about this year's offerings, the whole theme 'seems' a little disjointed. I didn't see a title mentioned in the article, so I guess they haven't officially released a theme? Hopefully it will make more sense once they do. :flower:

Christine
11-27-2012, 09:40 PM
So thinking a little more about this and reading about this year's offerings, the whole theme 'seems' a little disjointed. I didn't see a title mentioned in the article, so I guess they haven't officially released a theme? Hopefully it will make more sense once they do. :flower:

This is the title of the article:

Flower & Garden Festival will feature new topiaries, food around World Showcase, Village People

Guess no theme yet :shrug:

IwannabeinNarnia
11-28-2012, 09:56 AM
WOW!!! I'm on and off the phone today getting qoutes and stuff, seeing if it's financially possible for me to be there to see NELSON!!! *sigh* they were such 'hotties' back in the day! LOL

DisneyDawgette
11-28-2012, 09:31 PM
First attended Food and Wine this year, attending Flower and Garden for the first time this coming May! I can't wait! :)