PDA

View Full Version : Help me with dining please

Cinderelley
11-25-2012, 11:36 PM
I've never been to Universal, so I need some recommendations about where we can eat. I am limited to

Beef
milk products
Fruits
Vegetables

Standard fast food fare won't cut it. What do you guys suggest?

DizneyFreak2002
11-25-2012, 11:47 PM
I've never been to Universal, so I need some recommendations about where we can eat. I am limited to

Beef
milk products
Fruits
Vegetables

Standard fast food fare won't cut it. What do you guys suggest?

Hmmm standard fast food is a no go huh? Well, how about Margaritaville in CityWalk? I dined there last year and loved it....

I would recommend Mythos in IOA... Food was very good, I truly enjoyed it... And I know you said no fast food, but Three Broomsticks is reasonably priced and very good... Bubba Gump gets great reviews... Emeril's also gets good reviews...

There is a restaurant in Universal called Finnegan's... I read plenty of good reviews about that restaurant too...

NJGIRL
12-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Don't worry you will have no problem!

Not sure if you can eat bread or pizza crust.

The Studio's has:

Finnegans, one of my favorites

Monsters Cafe which actually has meatloaf

La Boulangerie, not fast food but a higher end sandwich shop, I love this place.

Louie's Italian Restaurant has salads

IOA has:

Three Broomsticks, they have ribs

Mythos Restaurant, which was voted best theme park restaurant a few years in a row.

Thunder Falls Terrace also has ribs

Blondies, looks like fast food but very high end deli sandwiches.

Cafe 4 has salads and believe it or not a very good pizza.

Confisco, never been there yet but really want to try this. Their menu is huge and you should be able to find something here.

Any restaurant on city walk will have some kind of beef that is or can be served without bread.

I love the Hard Rock Haystack Salad without the chicken.

Pasta Amore has a very good eggplant parm.

Margaritaville also had steak and ribs on the menu if I remember correctly. They def had salads.

Cinderelley
12-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Oh you guys are the best!! I love Potato Leek Soup and Shepherd's Pie, and I can still eat them. :D

We have a Margaritaville here. I will have to go try it.

Thanks for the heads up on Three Broomsticks, I assumed it would be burgers, etc too.

DizneyFreak2002
12-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Oh you guys are the best!! I love Potato Leek Soup and Shepherd's Pie, and I can still eat them. :D

We have a Margaritaville here. I will have to go try it.

Thanks for the heads up on Three Broomsticks, I assumed it would be burgers, etc too.

The Shepherd's Pie at Three Broomsticks was pretty good... Here is the menu choices:

Shepherd's Pie with Garden Salad
Fish and Chips
Cornish Pasties with Garden Salad
Rotisserie Smoked Chicken Platter
Spareribs Platter
Chicken and Ribs Platter
Smoked Turkey Leg

Soup and Salad Combo (Leek and Potato or Split Pea and Ham Soup)

Rotisserie Smoked Chicken Salad

Children's Menu: Fish and Chips, Chicken Legs, Chicken Fingers, Macaroni and Cheese

Side Dishes: Roast Potatoes, Baked Potato, Corn on the Cob, Seasoned Wedge Fries, Fresh Garden Salad, Fruit Cup

Plus beverages and desserts... No burgers.

Cinderelley
12-04-2012, 01:26 PM
That all sounds so good, we may have to eat there both days. ;)

DizneyFreak2002
12-04-2012, 10:40 PM
That all sounds so good, we may have to eat there both days. ;)

For sure, give it a try... Three Broomsticks is on my list of places to eat when i visit there next year... Oh, and the dining options that will be open in Springfield (Simpsons) next summer... Maybe get me a Flaming Moe too...

And maybe think about giving Mythos a try, unless you are strictly going for counter service options...

Cinderelley
12-11-2012, 05:24 AM
And maybe think about giving Mythos a try, unless you are strictly going for counter service options...

I've tried looking at the menu at Mythos a few times, but my internet always shuts down when I try it. :(

DizneyFreak2002
12-11-2012, 04:39 PM
I've tried looking at the menu at Mythos a few times, but my internet always shuts down when I try it. :(

The Mythos gods are playing tricks on you... Where are you trying to view the menu? From Universal's site? A PDF file opens up... Maybe some reason your computer is not recognizing the file?

Here is a link to the menu from their site:
http://www.universalorlando.com/Images/mythos_menu_tcm13-28313.pdf

If this doesn't work, I have the PDF saved.. I can always email it to you if the link doesn't work...

BigRedDad
12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
There are meals almost everywhere there that fits this bill. It really depends on whether you want counter service or sitdown. There are plenty of both and within walking distance.

Cinderelley
12-14-2012, 06:02 PM
The Mythos gods are playing tricks on you... Where are you trying to view the menu? From Universal's site? A PDF file opens up... Maybe some reason your computer is not recognizing the file?

If this doesn't work, I have the PDF saved.. I can always email it to you if the link doesn't work...

Yes, I was trying from their site. Your link did the same thing. It just says that internet explorer stopped working. My very existence breaks computers. lol

DizneyFreak2002
12-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Yes, I was trying from their site. Your link did the same thing. It just says that internet explorer stopped working. My very existence breaks computers. lol

It's cool... I sent the PDF to you... Let me know if you have any issues with it...

When you open PDF files from other sites, does the same thing happen? Could be something with IE causing your PDF files to be all wacky...

Cinderelley
12-15-2012, 03:20 PM
It's cool... I sent the PDF to you... Let me know if you have any issues with it...

When you open PDF files from other sites, does the same thing happen? Could be something with IE causing your PDF files to be all wacky...

I was able to open it in the email. Thank you so much for sending it. Everything else opened fine. It was only that one menu that I was unable to read.

DizneyFreak2002
12-15-2012, 10:29 PM
I was able to open it in the email. Thank you so much for sending it. Everything else opened fine. It was only that one menu that I was unable to read.

You are more than welcome...

thejens
09-05-2013, 12:53 AM
I tried to open it too and it said that the link was "extinct!"

gueli
09-14-2013, 11:17 AM

thanks for the link. it is "extinct" but if you look at the tabs at the top of the page, the dinning options are there

VWL Mom
09-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Here's (https://www.universalorlando.com/Images/Mythos%20Menu%205-27-2013_tcm13-28313.pdf) the link if anyone still needs it.

DizneyFreak2002
09-14-2013, 12:25 PM
thanks for the link. it is "extinct" but if you look at the tabs at the top of the page, the dinning options are there
I swear it worked when I posted it LOL... But Lynn linked to the PDF menu... More than likely they changed the site around... and killed the link I posted in 2012... :)

Lindsey310
09-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Hmmm standard fast food is a no go huh? Well, how about Margaritaville in CityWalk? I dined there last year and loved it....

I would recommend Mythos in IOA... Food was very good, I truly enjoyed it... And I know you said no fast food, but Three Broomsticks is reasonably priced and very good... Bubba Gump gets great reviews... Emeril's also gets good reviews...

There is a restaurant in Universal called Finnegan's... I read plenty of good reviews about that restaurant too...

Another vote for margaritaville. They have such a diverse big menu that you will be sure to find something you like.

34 days!!! :joy: