PDA

View Full Version : what drinks should I get (opinions appreciated)

taleasoldastime
11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
I am going to WDW in January for my 21st birthday and I plan on doing the drinking around the world thing in EPCOT. I have been trying to make a mental note in my head of what I would like to try but I could use some opinions. What do you think?
-I like beer and wine
-I am not a mixed drink person
-Nothing too strong (I want to have a good night, not a bad night and I understand Disney is not the place to get trashed)
-I will be splitting drinks with my DBF so something that can be split (no shots, and no IPAs because they give him bad headaches)

Thanks in advance for your advice :mickey:

faline
11-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Given your parameters, the only thing I can suggest off the top of my head would be a glass of champagne in France.

Even with splitting drinks with your boyfriend, I'd suggest you not plan on having a drink in every country all on one day.

taleasoldastime
11-26-2012, 10:30 AM
I didnt plan on getting one in every country. Im going be skipping AT LEAST mexico, america, canada, and china.
Thanks for the advice though :)

irishpixies
11-26-2012, 10:58 AM
First of all, I hope you have a wonderful birthday trip!

I once had a beer in every country around World Showcase (I can't remember if it was available in all the countries back then). It was fun and since we were going slow, eating along the way, and had a lot of water, I can honestly say I was a wee bit tipsy but not anywhere near drunk. I'm an Irish beer drinker so I was happy to try all kinds of different beer.

I would do it again but I would definitely pick one thing and stick with it. Mixing beer, wine, and other liquor doesn't always work well ;)

steamboat willy
11-26-2012, 11:19 AM
I know you said :beer: & :wine:, but to celebrate Your Birthday, go to the Tiki Bar by the Seven Seas Lagoon at the Poly and share a Mia Tia! That's where I spent my 18th Birthday, the legal age back in the day! Happy Birthday young'n! :wishes:

SBETigg
11-26-2012, 11:40 AM
There are wine tastings in Italy, Germany, and France. You can split them and the sample sizes are small, so you get to taste quite a few. If you're splitting, I think you could manage all of them in one day, spread out and with snacks in between. Also, I would pop in to Rose and Crown (the pub area) and sample some ales (or combinations like a Black and Tan) with some Scotch Eggs. (yum). Also drawing raves, the iced Kirin in Japan. It is served with a frosty ice-cream like head. Unique and tasty, if it's still there after the F & W Fest (I think it is but not sure).

taleasoldastime
11-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Thanks for your input!
i think ill make it a beer day since beer is my favorite. I cant wait to try the frozen kirin! Ive heard about it a bunch and it sounds good!

On a seperate day im also trying a lapu lapu when I have dinner at ohanas :)

faline
11-27-2012, 07:37 AM
On a seperate day im also trying a lapu lapu when I have dinner at ohanas :)

Strangely, I've never had one. My daughter had one and enjoyed it very much.

BrerGnat
11-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Maybe go for a hard cider in the UK.

Also, the Grey Goose Slush in France is amazing. It's like a frozen lemonade with a vodka kick. You could share that. It's about 8oz of frozen slushie.

Melanie
11-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Go to the UK, find Carl the bartender and ask for a Carl's Combo (aka Golden). It's Bass and Stella mixed and it's WONDERFUL! :cloud9::beer:

Happy Early 21st! :party:

emerzmom
11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
First, Happy Birthday! :birthday:
I think the drink suggestions have been covered. I would suggest the "Drink Around The World" lanyards. They are fun and would be a memory from your trip!
Have fun!
:tink:
Julie

JoAnnPan
12-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Happy Pre Birthday!! :mickey:

I like Magner's Pear Cider at Rose & Crown - it is light - not a heavy drink - enjoy!

MargaretMessler
12-04-2012, 05:57 PM
It's too bad you mention skipping Mexico because the frozen margaritas are REALLY yummy. Definitely something to split though, also REALLY strong

PETE FROM NYC
12-04-2012, 11:12 PM
I like the Grand Marnier slush in France.