PDA

View Full Version : Lousy drinking water

PETE FROM NYC
11-25-2012, 05:21 PM
We were at the world this September. We drove from NYC. Seems that every state south of NJ, the quality of drinking water got worse.

Would something like a Brita Pitcher help?
Any other suggestions?
I am a big water drinker, but I hate having to pay such exhorbitant prices for bottled.

faline
11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Do you buy the bottled in Disney World or in a nearby grocery? We find the water prices are not bad if you buy outside of Disney. For the two of us, we typically get a case and even use it for making coffee and still find we have some left over at the end of the trip.

Many folks do use the Britta filters.

Melanie
11-25-2012, 05:39 PM
We were at the world this September. We drove from NYC. Seems that every state south of NJ, the quality of drinking water got worse.

It's all in what you get used to. :confused:

But yes, buying off-site as Linda suggests is definitely the best bet.

Katzateer
11-25-2012, 09:19 PM
They have individual Brita water bottles you can get at Walmart. It comes with one filter and you can buy packages of refill filters. I think t he water bottle was around $10 and the refills are around $5.

My daughter has been using it at college and seems to like it just as well as the large Brita pitcher we use at home.

BrerGnat
11-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Buy a BOBBLE water bottle. Seriously. Best filtered bottle out there. The Brita water bottle is so bulky.

Google it. You can buy a Bobble and its filters at many stores, most notably Target.

disney obsessed
11-26-2012, 11:25 AM
One of the tricks I use while traveling is to use a lot if ice. It seems more palatable that way.

1DisneyNut
11-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Florida has a high content of sulfur in their ground water and that is why the water at WDW tastes bad. It is extremely expensive to remove and that is why it is still in the city water. A Brita or other brand type of filter isn't even going to remove all if any of it so you will need to buy bottled water. Also, if you will pay attention when you drink fountain soda's at WDW, you can actually taste the sulfur over the soda.

DisneyorBust
11-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Brita filter water bottles work great!