PDA

View Full Version : FW Cabins

Main Street Jim
11-25-2012, 03:45 PM
OK, so I'm thinkin' maybe....Fort Wilderness cabins for our 2014 trip :)

But...what we'd need is like a 2-br "suite"; it'll be me and my wife; and her sister, her sister's husband, and their daughter (who'll be 4 by the time the trip comes up).

How are the cabins set up?

faline
11-25-2012, 03:47 PM
We've done the cabins with 4 adults though it is a bit tight. When you enter, you have a kitchen and living area separated by a counter. The living area has a murphy bed which pulls down out of the wall. There is a full bathroom and a bedroom in the back which has a bed and bunk along with an extra sink.

A Big Kid
11-25-2012, 08:28 PM
I seem to remember them being rather roomy.

As you walk in, you have a kitchen with all the basic pots, pans, cooking utensils, and tableware. There is also a dining table.

To the right is a couch(that I am sure you an adult can sleep on) and a queen size murhpy beed that fold out from the wall.

The the left of the kitchen is the bathroom.

To the left of the bathroom is another bedroom with a bed (not sure what size) and two bunk beds.

There is also a deck with furniture.

While there is plenty of room for in and about for at least 4 adults, keep in mind that you will be sharing one bathroom.

Cinderelley
11-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Well it would seem to me that the logical set up would be you and your wife on the murphy bed in the living room and your sister's family in the bedroom. There is room for all of you, but it depends on how comfortable you feel with your sister's family needing to go in and out of your "sleeping space" while you are sleeping - to use the bathroom, etc.

Janmac
11-26-2012, 12:11 AM
When our family stayed in the Wilderness Home (2006) both the murphy bed in the living room and the bed in the bedroom were double beds. There is also a bunk bed in the bedroom.

The WH was fun but snug. Only one bathroom but it's a decent size. Bathroom is adjacent to the back bedroom, hall door. Full size kitchen.

The Wilderness Home seems to be essentially a trailer, so with a double bed and bunk bed in the bed room, there's only room for a small night stand in between. Not a lot of room in front of the closet, at the end of the bunk beds.

When the murphy bed was pulled down it was right alongside the couch. The living room is at one end of the WH and the bedroom is at the other. The hall from the bedroom goes past the bathroom, empties into the kitchen, which is open to the living room.

So, bathroom and kitchen are roomy, living room with murphy bed down is mostly bed, and the bedroom is snug.

We wouldn't not do a WH again.

Jan

r4kids
11-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I did like the cabin feel, however one bathroom was a bit difficult. The beds are a bit small too. Bus system takes a minute to get used to.....

CU Tiger
11-30-2012, 01:37 PM
We love the cabins. Many times we have stayed 6 people (DW, (2)DDs, me, and my parents). It works great for us. What hotel can you sit on the deck with a beverage:marg::beer: while your kids are out riding bikes around. Too many benefits over the standard lodging to list.:mickey: